The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Koete

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of Aunt May possibly not knowing? Her putting it together in the first one was one of my favorite things about it. Though I guess that could be Peter just not wanting to worry her. I hope it's that.

If you don't mind my way of answering: The simple truth of the matter is that most parents of a gay child know that their son/daughter is gay long before they come out. What this results in is the parent pretending to not notice so that their kid doesn't get embarrassed. The act of telling your parents that you're gay is a liberating experience and one that most parents who are accepting of their children are not going to ruin because they know that kids need time to grow and that rushing things can result in hurt feelings or worse. Now, replace "gay" with "super-powered" and you have what Aunt May is doing. Also, see the second of the Raimi films where Peter and Aunt May are talking and she's practically saying, "Spider-man is a great hero and I'm sure if Spider-man were here, that Spider-man would help his poor aunt, isn't that right Spider-ma- I mean Peter. Wink wink."

• 1 month later...

It will be interesting to see how they handle multiple bad guys. But is it a good idea to have more than one enemy? If there is a two-on-one fight, it makes each bad guy look less threatening one-on-one. That can be handled well, and hopefully it will be.

The cool thing about the Ultimate Six series some years ago is that when Spider-Man's enemies joined forces it took the Ultimates to take them down. Too bad that can't happen here, with Sony owning the rights to ASM.

As to Rhino, the battlesuit is straight out of the Ultimate Universe.

I am really looking forward to this, and I am hoping to see it opening weekend. A few days before this movie comes out, it will be ten years since I joined the Earth-2 forums. What a way to celebrate.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks better than the last 2 Spideys.

Costume? Nice enough, although I don't think the Maguire suit was anything to be sniffed at. Better than the last movie though.

....I have made it known that I didn't like The Amazing Spider-Man somewhere down the line, haven't I?

That's some powerful-ass electricity knocking over buildings and shit...

Other than that, and Rhino, which I will have to see in full before I can ever buy the direction they're taking, this looks pretty stunning.

I liked the first one, but this looks to be a step up. Big time superhero stuff for two of the three kids from Chronicle too.

I liked the first one, but this looks to be a step up. Big time superhero stuff for two of the three kids from Chronicle too.

Everyone makes this big fuss about Chronicle. Maybe I should watch it to find out what all the fuss is about. When it was released, I was in a very anti-found-footage-movie frame of mind and ignored it.