The Omniverse Draft!

Dread

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The room where the cartoon scientist met his creator was shrouded in darkness. He moved around the man who claimed to send him off into the world of Heavenside fully formed, the evenly spaced mirrors only giving him his own reflection.

"I am doing important work here."

You are doing the work of John Reinhart, because he created you.

"But you say you created me."

I created all of this, just as I created other worlds with other people like you.

The cartoon scientist raised his head up, causing his thick goggles to catch reflections of moonlight, altering it and twisting it in odd ways. "But my people must embrace the future...and make it their own."

And there are other worlds whose future will end without your help, Doktor. I know this won't entice you, but I have a little carrot to go with that stick.

"It's not a jet pack, is it?"

Oh no, something far more interesting. You were created to be a tulpa of John Reinhart...a little Pinnocchio to enact the old cobbler's plans while he rots in prison. But what if I could make cut your strings, little puppet...and make you a real boy.

"You can't do that!"

Of course I can. All it takes is a number of keystrokes and you get to live a real life. And all you have to do is join the rest of my band on a handful of missions. So do you hunger to be a real boy, Pinnocchio? Or are you content to be just a toy that thinks it's a boy?

The cartoon scientist turned towards one of the many mirrors. "I need to bring Nursie--"

No

"But I'm important! I'm a movement! An avatar of a movement! An avatar and a movement! I need protection."

I've already provided for that. You'll like her. She has wings.

The cartoon scientist continued to stare into the mirror, and the figure began to worry if he was about to go into a fugue state. So do you want your strings cut or not?

"Think of what I can do."

That's the ticket. Now come....time is at a premium. Let's meet your mates and get to work.

"What sort of work?"

The figure smirked. Revision.

smycz7.jpg

(Oh, and by the way, Des...before you figured out what I was doing, how did you come to the conclusion I was coming for David Kohl? chuckles)

Just before Quinn and Agent K step from the portal and back into Quinn's laboratory, Reed Richards hears the familiar whisper of the universe splitting open. He's grown quite fond of the noise and the spirited, unrelenting young man behind all of this. But just as quickly as his heart warmed at the thought of his new ally's return, it chills when he recalls the news he must deliver.

With a somber face, Reed approaches Quinn and Kay. "Professor Mallory."

"Are there any updates?" Quinn quickly scans the laboratory, and notes that, though everyone is still hard at work, there's a deep sadness in the air. "What's wrong?"

"We've diagnosed the problem. Initially, the quakes began because the core of this planet was rotating six times faster than it should. Additionally, it was, for lack of a better word, throbbing much too rapidly. This caused the Earth to be pushed and pulled apart — literally."

"And the volcanoes?"

"Doing what they're meant to do: relieving the stress."

"Then why the long faces? We know what's wrong. We can fix it, can't we?"

Agent K chimes in, answering the question for Reed: "He was using the past tense. 'Was rotating,' 'was throbbing,' 'had.' That's far from good."

Quinn looks to Reed for any sign that Kay is wrong, then to Jor-El, Dr. Johnson, and Axel Brass, all of whom look away or silently shake their heads.

"So... what then?"

"Professor Mallory, the core of the Earth has stopped moving. It's dead."

Despite Reed's prognosis, the men continue to work — in silence. While the five scientists each search for ways to reactivate the core, Agent K scours through their research. If this is otherworldly, as he was told, he knows the clues are here.

Hours pass.

Nothing.

"Quinn," Brass yells. "Come here!" Everyone hurries over to the terminal the copper-skinned man is stationed at. "Look at this. What's this look like?"

Reed covers his mouth with his hand. "How did we miss that?"

"We didn't see it, Dr. Richards, because it normally takes seconds for this to happen. Not months."

"What? What am I missing," Quinn asks.

Brass points at the screen. "See these charts? This is all the data we have about the core: before the quakes, during, and after. Now, if you zoom out, see how the flow of the graphs compresse to show us all of the data at once?"

"Yeah," Quinn says, still not seeing where this is going. But Jor-El begins to recognize the data. As does Kay, who silently walks to a laptop.

Once more, Brass taps the screen. "When looked at like this, one can see these numbers are exactly in line with a heart attack."

Quinn doesn't know if he should laugh or scoff. "You're telling me the Earth is in cardiac arrest?"

"That's not possible, is it," Dr. Johnson asks. No one answers, because, before now, they wouldn't have thought so.

Finally, Quinn says, "Okay. Let's assume the Earth had a heart attack. What could do that?"

"Not what, kid. Who," Kay's voice booms from a corner of the lab. Everyone turns to look his way, and he continues, "All of the data you big brains collected says this is paranormal, and that got me thinking. My agency dealt with something like this a few years ago. During a yearlong period, heart attacks in Chicago increased."

"If your Chicago is like my Chicago," Dr. Johnson jokes, "there's a reason for that."

"In a normal year, 16,000 people die of heart attacks in Chicago. In this one year, it doubled."

"Oh," Dr. Johnson says, regretting his joke.

"My partner and I put a stop to it. Turns out, some punk kid was given a book by a demon. If he wrote your name in it with a cause of death, that's how you died. If he wrote your name without a COD, you'd have a heart attack. After we caught him, he said he was going through the phone book, writing those names into his little notebook. He killed over 16,000 people — that we know of — in one year all because he was bored."

"How's this help up?"

"Well, according to the CDC website, in the months before the quakes, heart attacks in Japan tripled. My guess: your Earth has one of these notebooks, whoever has it is in Japan, and he got bored giving people heart attacks. So he gave one to the Earth."

Somewhere in Japan, Light Yagami chuckles to himself as he traces his finger over the final name in the Death Note: Earth.

light.jpg

The TARIDS, Now

"There, I found the origin point of our problems," the Doctor said.

An image of the planet Earth appeared on the TARDIS screen, centered in the middle of Europe.

Veronica pointed at it. "I've been there Doctor. Archiekins and I ran into a vampire there on one of our spring breaks!"

"Aye, it's a mid-European nation, shouldn't have caused even a wee bit of problems," Scrooge added.

The doctor presses a number of buttons. "That's odd. I'm detecting power coming off of the device that was breaking through our realities, Five signatures..."

Toronto, Earlier

As the American Paramilitary forces fought the band, Cold Slither, a man in purple spandex pants and a monocle walked up to a young woman with orange hair in the corner.

"Quite the spectacle, my dear," Dr. Mindbender says to her.

"I've gotten used to it. Last one of these I ended up at involved a mummy attack," she replies.

Mindbender had out the syringe and injected it into the young woman. She fell to the ground and he pulled her into the portal before she could take the hammer out of her purse.

Metropolis, Earlier

The last of Ming's remaining ships escape from where they had come. Now it was just to the Justice League to clean up some of the wreckage, make sure that any dangerous weapons didn't call into the wrong hands, save any civilians that had been hurt.

"Help, won't someone help me!" A woman screamed from under some wreckage. The Martian Manhunter flew in and, using his super-strength, lifted the downed ship off of her.

"You're safe young woman," the Martian told her. She gave him a hug.

"Thanks you, and please, call me Princess Aura," she says, activating her father's gloves of torture, electrocuting J'onn. She lifted him up and took him through her portal from this world.

Mount Vesuvus, Earlier

"Curse that Scrooge. I will make his number one dime mine one day and then, I will rule the world!" Magica DeSpell laughed.

"Yo, boss, sorry we're late," the Wrecker said, entering Magica's throne room.

Magica shot lightning at them, "You incompetent fools. You're worse than Beagle Boys!"

The lightning bounced off of The Wrecker and struck Magica, throwing her into the wall.

He smiled at her, picking her up, "Funny thing. I've fought Thor enough times that I paid off the Enchantress to give me a trinket to protect me from lightning. Who's incompetent now?"

Riverdale, Even Earlier.

Sabrina hid in the Dalek Command Base, The Dalek Supreme was nearby. If she could zap it, then the Daleks would have no way of planning out a counterattack. At least that had been the plan. Now she was trapped in a cage in the Dalek Slave pits. She paced back and forth, at least hoping she had bought the Resistance some time. A figure moved in the shadows.

"Who's there?" Sabrina asked.

A woman with dark hair stepped out, holding her hands up. "Don't be afraid girl. I found a way out if you want to come with me," she told her.

Sabrina looked around the cell and nodded, following the woman through the door into...

Latvaria, The Beginning of this Mess

Sabrina looked around the Castle dungeon she stepped into. Stone walls but a metal floor. She barely had time to take in the sight of the device with what looked like a Universe at it's heart when the floor shocked her. She dropped to the ground. A man in metal armor walked forward and picked her up, dropping her into one of the capsules surrounding the device.

"I trust she works well for our device," The Rani said, taking off her disguise.

The man adjusted his green cloak and closed the capsule.

"Yes, she is young but her magic will work to bind the unities of Time, Space, Reality, and Mind together. Once the power of that Universe flows through them, I will use it to become the master of all universes," The Lord of Latveria said.

"You mean, we will. This was my plan. I approached you to help me!" The Rani yelled. She took out a gun and pointed it at the man.

"DOOM HELPS NO ONE EXCEPT DOOM!" He yelled. The tile under the Rani shocked her. With all of time running through her head, The Rani would do nicely to power the time portion of the machine. Doom deposited her in one of the capsules and waited for his other pawns to bring back their targets.

193545-159574-doctor-doom_super.jpg

Doctor Doom is a master of Science and Magic. In addition he commands all of the political powers of the nation of Latveria.

"There better be a reason for this, Martini! The crack on Rigel 6 is glorious!"

"Odie, baby! I summoned ya wit dis!"

Sleazy P. Martini pulled his hand from the pocket of his too-tight purple pants and showed off the gem-encrusted golden glove.

"A faggy glove? You summoned us to...earth...to New Jersey of all festering shitholes to show us a faggy glove? You have been getting high on your own supply, Martini. Balzac, crush him!"

"Nahnahnah! Wait! Dis faggy glove is da 'Fitty Gawntlut. I traded it to some purple-skinned weirdo for dat Russian Krokodil shit. Said he wanted to meet death or somethin'. Dat shit'll do it."

1036047799_CTERRYGWARsleazy2.gif

"You have yet to tell me why I give two crusted fucks about this...gauntlet." The beast said.

"Wit dis," Martini said flexing out the fingers of the Infinity Gauntlet, "everytin' is ours."

The door of the shithole burst in.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Lila and the band stood in the doorway brandishing their instruments and looking badass.

"An' who da fuck ah you?""

"We...uh...haven't really come up with a name yet," Gabe said sheepishly.

"I've always liked the name 'Rusty Chuck'" Seven said.

"Might as well call ourselves the Corpse Corps! Have you seen the look of those guys?" Fritz asked.

"No," Lila said with clear purpose,"there's a place on a nasty backwater world on the outer rim of the Shi'ar Empire where they play the most ludicrous Kyrellian hardcore.They entertain a battle of the bands that ends in death for one of the bands. That contest is called 'Garshasp!' and that is what we will call ourselves!"

"Fuck it! I'm sick of you! We will play with your guts and throw you into the abyss of woe! Violence has arrived, bitches! And its name is GWAR!!!"

Gwar+1.jpg

And just in case you don't believe me, I've read this, and it is glorious!

gwar.jpg