Justice Avengers: Dawn Over New York (Sign-Up & Discussion)

Stratofarius

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we have begun!

A few things to establish:

- Oscorp and Stark Industries are two of the biggest technology focused industries in the world.

- The knowledge that Tony Stark is Iron Man is not general knowledge (in other words: it's a secret identity).

- The main criminals in Gotham are the Joker (famous for always escaping death at Batman's hands) and the Scarecrow (who never goes against Batman face-to-face).

- Superman has not arrived in Earth.

- Lex Luthor is an important figure in Metropolis, running Lexcorp. Rumors says he plans to run for president.

- Hal Jordan hasn't joined the Green Lantern Corps... yet.

- The Xavier Institute is an important place for mutants...

- ... but racism against mutants still exists. Most mutants live in District X, a run-down area "created especially for them" and instated by the government after extreme pressure from anti-mutant groups.

- The Fantastic Four are a famous superhero group.

- The Avengers don't exist, although SHIELD does.

- Thor hasn't shown up yet.

- Captain America hasn't been unfrozen yet.

- As for the X-Men, some say they exist, but no one has seen them (or Wolverine) for a long, long time.

- Martian Manhunter is extremely popular in the south hemisphere.

Right... there should be more stuff, but I can't remember most stuff. Yeppers. Any questions?

Erhm, Dread. I hope I'm not offending you, but you shouldn't do things like what you just did with Godfrey. Suddenly taking over them.

You see, I was controlling him, and you suddenly saying what he would do is kinda... wrong. Can you avoid doing it next time? Not just to my characters, but to any characters?

You can do it with mooks and bodyguards, or even mooks going after Doom, but not actual characters.

Does this include ALL NPC's or just those critical to plot? Because if we have to wait for someone else (you for example) to reply for every small thing, that could seriously slow down the flow. And might reduce the character's interaction with large chunks of the population.

For example, when Artemis arrives at the Embassy, she will be interacting with some of the various Amazons who live and work there. Can I run them, or will you be expecting to do that? Or only when they have something story related to do?

Yeah. I'm not offended or even taking my ball and going home. I'm merely questioning the point of every little back and forth with NPCs when my conversation never changed Godfrey. I never fired him, put him in harm's way or came anywhere near affecting his world view in any way. I merely did a back and forth in five minutes that could have taken hours/days otherwise.

If I just answered his question immediately, without a show of superiority, I wouldn't have been Doom.

But you don't need to suddenly take control of the character in order to show that superiority. You could have still done it by only controlling Doom. This is like collaborative writing: I'm imposing a challenge (Godfrey) to you, and you're responding to it. You respond, and then I continue the challenge, making you think "alright, now what would the character do". Like, maybe I wanted Godfrey to make a certain question that would lead to a certain reaction by Doom, something he wants to record on his television show. That would be the challenge.

Also, in the end, you could play the character in a different way. For example, he would never be unsure on how to address Doom (he always addresses people that he's criticizing with disdain and irony- this is a Tim Curry voiced character we're talking about), he wouldn't go "eehh" live, as he always has a game breaking question ready, and since it's an United Nations meeting, which has to be scheduled months before it happens, isn't it obvious what Doom is doing there?

And what if I wanted him to do something which could lead into a reaction from you that would lead into something else happens? It's a chain of events that can't happen if you control him. Like I said, you want to do that to throwaway mooks, fine, but not every single character.

Does this include ALL NPC's or just those critical to plot? Because if we have to wait for someone else (you for example) to reply for every small thing, that could seriously slow down the flow. And might reduce the character's interaction with large chunks of the population.

For example, when Artemis arrives at the Embassy, she will be interacting with some of the various Amazons who live and work there. Can I run them, or will you be expecting to do that? Or only when they have something story related to do?

Yep, sorry. Just wanted to check. I was a little confused by what you were trying to explain to Dread, because it seemed to be different by what had been written previously. Or maybe I'd just read it wrong, which is entirely possible. :)

Next thing to do: come up with names for the various Amazons, including the actual Ambassador. Who'd be at the UN for whatever event is happening there.

I really suck at this. So, I'm going to just let other people go, and contribute only a few sentences where I can.

As it happens I had an idea or two for which Artemis would need the skills of the Worlds Greatest Detective. But that's contingent on her actually knowing the The Bat is in town.. ;)

I really suck at this. So, I'm going to just let other people go, and contribute only a few sentences where I can.

As it happens I had an idea or two for which Artemis would need the skills of the Worlds Greatest Detective. But that's contingent on her actually knowing the The Bat is in town.. ;)

Ha. Well, he'll be in town, cleaning up the mess left by other heroes, so if you want to write Batman, you've got my blessing to use him as you see fit. Just remember, he's willing to kill villains, except for The Joker.

Ha. Well, he'll be in town, cleaning up the mess left by other heroes, so if you want to write Batman, you've got my blessing to use him as you see fit. Just remember, he's willing to kill villains, except for The Joker.

Why not the Joker? If he's killing normal criminals, why does he draw the line at Chuckles?