The Bible Game

Missy

Think you know your Bible?

Crave Entertainment Announces The Bible Game for PlayStation 2 and Game Boy Advance

Groundbreaking, innovative games provide fun for all ages

Los Angeles, Calif.-May 10, 2005-Crave Entertainment, a leading publisher of console videogames, today announced the upcoming release of The Bible Game for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Game Boy® Advance handheld system. The first titles of their kind on current console systems, both games combine wholesome family fun with a engaging challenge of Biblical knowledge.

The Bible Game for PlayStation 2 casts players as contestants on a game  show with fast-paced, "beat the buzzer" action and a comical off-screen announcer as emcee. 20 mini- and micro-games with 1,500 questions reinforce inspirational Old Testament teachings such as Jonah and the Whale, David and Goliath, The Tower of Babel, and many more. Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players encourages family members of all ages to play together, and provides a fun alternative for family game nights.

The Bible Game for Game Boy Advance combines action/adventure play style with trivia challenges. In their quest to protect the Armor of God, players may choose to play as either Billy or Jenny across seven levels including forest, snowy tundra, desert, and tropical island  environments. Along the way they must answer questions from both the Old and New  Testaments. Either the New International Version or King James translation may be selected, and three levels of difficulty keep the game accessible for all ages.

Scheduled for release in October 2005, The Bible Game will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and GameBoy® Advance handheld system for a MSRP of $19.99.

Dude, selling off christianity to a bunch of video game producers is whoring it out. No matter what kind of genre. I just hope that they don't do something like this...

Question, what did Jesus have at his last supper.

a)A mcDonalds hamburger.

b)A Dairy Queen Milkshake

c)Burger King kids meal.

d)Plain old boring, nonfun, wine and bread.

THE ANSWER IS B!!! BUY DAIRY QUEEN NOW!!! (flashing lights)

Once again, they will try to pass off creationism, and other wacked out concepts, while alienating other religions, like Buddhism, Muslim, and of course, their mortal enemy, Judaism. Not to mention others. But it will sell like hotcakes to chruch groups I tell you what. It's just what we need to tell kids, "GOD IS SUPREME!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!". I see either two outcomes, they throw the thing away after realising that it's trying to teach someone, or they're going to ignore it and keep playing other games like normal people. Either outcome is fine.

What did I say that required lightening up? There was no (virtual) yelling or anything like that. In fact, I agreed with your assessment that they deserve to be chided if they take the joke/"Dairy Queen" approach.

I will have to rent this game. I graduated from a Christian school (1992) but my Scriptural knowledge isn't as good as it should be. I got stumped when asked a question on the Great Commission a few weeks ago. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

The Bible Game?.....THE BIBLE GAME!!!... Ok gods taking way to far

My guess is, god is sitting on his ass one fine day watching as he creations evolve and advance, but then he notices the vast amount of money the people are making down there, eeee gads man!!! he thinks to himself, I must do something about this, so what does he do, WHAT DOES HE DO, make...(dum dum dum dum!!!!) the bible game.......you know, gods a great and fine guy, but really, the bible game, the game will be based from the real life experiences of bible salesman John Doe, getting doors slammed into your face and being chased by rabid dogs attrached to white.... :yes: yea good job god, its bound to make....hundreds, if that really...

-First post, making a point, Atreyu Guyver- one, None Conversationalists- zero :*

Nvez Thinks to himself now, Atreyu Guyver, That sounds familar...wait a second,Bren :twitch:

I actually had a chance to play this at E3, and it might be somewhat fun. Though Nvez was right when he said that some of the answers would be jokey. Nothing bad (like his Dairy Queen example), however.

And welcome to the boards, Atreyu Guyver.

I actually had a chance to play this at E3, and it might be somewhat fun. Though Nvez was right when he said that some of the answers would be jokey. Nothing bad (like his Dairy Queen example), however.

And welcome to the boards, Atreyu Guyver.

My Selkirk takeover of the boards is in full effect, Me, Skyre, NVez & Atreyu, we will take everyone over