Movie Posters!

Gareth

A Nightmare on Elm St. (1984): I love this one as much as I do because of the tagline, but also because of the image. It would be easy to just have Freddy on the poster. Instead, Nancy is up front and center with just Freddy's Glove

nightmareonelmstreetl.jpg

The Lost Boys: A classic. I love the solid red background and the cast in black and white. Once again, the Tagline is great. Would be great without the "It's Fun To Be a Vampire" part.

lostboysmovieposter.jpg

Inception: I'm not a big fan of the "Show the cast standing dramatically" poster. That said, the cast is just barely the thing on display in the poster here. It's intrigueing and helps get across the fact that the we're looking at a dream here.

inceptionver3q.jpg

Kill Bill Vol. 2: The Bride in her dress with the sword with that single ray of light, hinting at a scene that, sadly, never got filmed.

killbillvol2poster.jpg

Alien poster:

Alien-1979-69708099443.jpeg

That also has one of my favourite tag lines in films. In Space, no one can hear you scream.

Will already hit one of my favourites, in NOES, so here's one that when I saw this in my local cinema, I had to pause and say "Fuck! It's actually happening!"

POSTER-FREDDY-VS.-JASON-TEASER-POSTER.jpg

And finally, from one of my other favourite films of all time:

full.robocop-1sh.JPG

Walk the Line: Simple, stylized and sharp.

CD48AD5E.jpg

True Grit (2010): Doesn't even need a picture.

true_grit.jpg

The Searchers: The bare landscape, the repeated tagline, this is the perfect representation of the film.

3570809897_55f78231a1.jpg

The Dark Knight: There are about 15 posters from this one that were all brilliant, this (these 3, more accurately) was my favorite:

poster_posterexclusivoomelete5.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...