Movies everyone likes but you

JackFetch

If we're also doing TV then add Walking Dead to my list. I fucking hate that show. Also, Citizen Kane is overrated but it's still an amazing film, I don't think it necessarily deserves to be on this list.

Well, the list is "movies everyone else likes but you," so you shouldn't be able to determine what should and shouldn't be on my list.

But yes, Walking Dead was shit from the third episode of season one, and I'm the target demographic.

I wasn't trying to dictate the thread, I was only throwing in Walking Dead because you had Mad Men on your list above and if there's one TV show that fits this category for me it's Walking Dead. Also, I wasn't telling you that Walking Dead should be on your list as you seem to have thought. I just said "If we're also doing TV then add Walking Dead to my list. Sorry if I'm confused.

"Paper characters with Daddy issues."

You just described Hamlet, too.

Don't get me started on Shakespeare. You won't like where it goes.

... and with that Des is back on my side.

I wasn't trying to dictate the thread, I was only throwing in Walking Dead because you had Mad Men on your list above and if there's one TV show that fits this category for me it's Walking Dead.

I was referring to your criticism of my inclusion of Citizen Kane. I agreed with you on Walking Dead.

Oh god, fucking Grease.

Add that to mine as well.

Here's my main reason for hating Grease. The original stage musical was intended as a satire of the 50s. Then we got the movie which approached it with a straight face so it instead came off as a loving tribute. Then we have the moral of the film: The only way to keep your man is to change everything about you to something he'll find attractive. The worst part is that almost all productions of the play do it like the film since it's more definitive than the original stage show. So yeah, the movie completely fucked over any other adaptation of it. Plus, outside of Summer Loving and Sandra Dee, not a single good song in the entire godforsaken shithole of a film. Just fuck it so hard.

Yeah, I really, really hate Grease.

How did I forget E.T.??? That movie is absolute garbage.

I'll always have a fondness for Citizen Kane because I wrote my dissertation for my Bachelor's Degree on it. (I got an A+, too. :detective: ) I fully recognize and admit its flaws, but as a classic film, I think it stands the test of time.