What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

By the way, I really hate the summon system in FFIII. Absolutely hated it. I used Odin during my battle with the final boss, and apparently that put a shield on my characters that I never knew you could even do. So when I tried curing all my fighters, it reflected and went onto the boss. That nearly cost me the entire fight and pissed me off since I had put so much energy just to get there. Why couldn't they have just made it so one thing happens when you use a summon spell and not one of two random powers?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize All Pro 2k8 had already come out. I really wanted to like the prospect of it, but the lack of franchise mode, the goofy legends theme and the weak graphics have turned me off to it.

Personally, I'm chugging through Guitar Hero II, along with a few random XBLA games.

Currently playing God of War 2, which I picked up for a steal, special edition too!

Gotta say, so far it is amazing. Some of the switches to cut scenes is still a bit dodgy, but gameplay has increased on the last, which I didn't think was possible. Will post more comments later. I like the addition of secondary weapons, and secondary powers and upgrades on them.

I didn't realize All Pro 2k8 had already come out. I really wanted to like the prospect of it, but the lack of franchise mode, the goofy legends theme and the weak graphics have turned me off to it.

Weak graphics? Dude, what game were you playing?

I haven't played it yet, and was judging from what they showcased in the HD trailer I downloaded from Xbox Live a couple weeks ago. It paled in comparison to the Madden game EA brought out at the 360's launch... looks like they're running on a flat field with a simple grass texture painted over it, almost all of the player animations are exactly the same as they were for 2k5, and the collision detection looked jumpy, far from realistic. Plus, I think they went overboard with the themed stadiums (WTF is the deal with the seven-story phoenix sculpture in the stands?!) and the team colors are garish at best. I realize you can't use the exact same colors as the NFL, but that doesn't mean you have to dive straight into the hideous red, yellow and white McDonald's colors or the aquas, purples and oranges.

Maybe that was from a pre-release version of the game and they upped the stakes significantly in the couple weeks between that trailer and the game's final release, but I have trouble believing that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rune Factory for the Nintendo DS. I was kind of iffy on getting it, since I've played Harvest Moon so many times and was so disappointed with the Game Cube version. But I must say I am pretty impressed with this game and the new fight system they've implemented into it.

I <3 my DS.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my Wii really hasn't been interesting me, I have jumped into a minor SNES fix. Played some UN Squadron and reminded myself why I suck at it so much. Anytime you get hit once, you have to avoid getting hit again for a certain period of time or you'll die instantly. Still like the game, but I wish I wasn't so crappy at it. <_<

Another SNES game I jumped into was Super Castlevania 4. With all the Castlevania games I've played, I don't think I've ever been able to beat the old school games for one reason or another. Gonna give that another try and hopefully beat it some day soon.