What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninja Gaiden for the DS will be the next game I review, but I won't have it till the end of the week, so it's been back to Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 34534509th time.

Ninja Gaiden for the DS will be the next game I review, but I won't have it till the end of the week, so it's been back to Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 34534509th time.

You know, I've played better games tham M:UA, but I can't think of many that I had more fun with.

I thought Justice League Heroes was a much better game from a structural standpoint, and it was a lot more challenging. But Marvel is a lot more freeform and the roster is so huge that it's perfect for multiple playthroughs.

Yeah, it had it's flaws, most definately. At the very least, they should have allowed for free character selection on the second playthrough or something. I just wanted to rip through the game with Ollie and Hal. Making the three Green Lantern's different would have helped too.

Still playing Condemned 2 and I suck at the combat. Despite the fact that it’s played from a 1st person perspective, the combat is almost entirely close quarters stuff. You have to block and parry attacks then strike with your own, which isn’t something I’m used to doing from this view. Still, I’m leaving a nice trail of dead bums in my wake, and the supernatural stuff so far is pretty cool.

The game is creepy as hell though.

Super Nintendo:

Super Mario II: Yoshi's Island

Nintendo 64:

Mario Party III

Earthworm Jim II

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask(with Lingular Card)

OO7: Tomorrow Never Dies(no Rumble Pak :( )

Nintendo Gamecube:

Sonic the Hedgehog III (on Sonic: The Mega Collection)

Sonic & Knuckles (on Sonic: The Mega Collection)

Sonic Spinball(on Sonic: The Mega Collection)

Sonic CD(on Sonic: The Mega Collection)

Super Mario Sunshine

Dead To Rights

Playstation II:

Sonic Heroes

Rocky

Streetfighter: Anniversary Collection

Spider-Man II

Playstation III:

Spider-Man III

Super Gameboy:

Super Mario Land

You're playing all of those at once?

What? You mean you can't?

I have one TV, and I lost my extra six arms in the war.

If that's what he played all month, then okay, but no one plays that many games, I mean really plays them, in the span of a week.

EDIT: And his list is suspect anyway, since Sonic CD isn't on the Mega Collection, it's on the Sonic Gems Collection. And there is no Earthworm Jim 2 for the N64. There's Earthworm Jim 3D.

You're playing all of those at once?

What? You mean you can't?

I have one TV, and I lost my extra six arms in the war.

If that's what he played all month, then okay, but no one plays that many games, I mean really plays them, in the span of a week.

EDIT: And his list is suspect anyway, since Sonic CD isn't on the Mega Collection, it's on the Sonic Gems Collection. And there is no Earthworm Jim 2 for the N64. There's Earthworm Jim 3D.

My bad you're right, Earthworm 3-D for N64 and Sonic 3-D Blast on the Nintendo Gamecube. I was confused about the Sonic game because they have the Sonic CD beginning and ending intro and outro.

I'm not playing them all at once, that's impossible, but after a little while I'll stop a game and switch to another and so on. Giving each game I'm in the middle of enough time. I haven't been doing too well(health-wise), so I have the time to waste.

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS) - If you want my thoughts, wait for the review!

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSone) - Never got around to finishing the inverted castle before, so I'm getting that done finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Strider (GEN) - The good version.

Warsong (GEN) - Known as Langrisser elsewere. Very underrated strategy/RPG.

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (360) - Getting amped for Kane's Wrath.

Oh God…

So I’m playing Condemned 2 and having a hell of a time. I’m about halfway through and I’m still trying to comprehend what just happened.

Here’s the set up ( I wouldn't reccomend reading this unless you have no intention of playing the game):

I’m exploring my deceased friend’s cabin in the woods, as there might be evidence there that can help my case. The plane I’ve taken to get here crashed on its arrival, so naturally there’s no way back (the whole area is snowed in). After creeping around the snow, I stumble upon a severed limb. Apparently been gnawed on by some kind of creature, but it’s impossible to tell what. I make my way to the cabin and find the body it belongs to, along with several more. Someone has gone to town on these people, and considering the supernatural stuff that’s happened so far, I’m curious as to what it is. After making my way around the building, hearing creeks and watching dust drift down from the ceiling, I finally find out what it is:

A Fucking Rabid BEAR.

The next couple of minutes is me running away like a sissy, whilst the big bad bear stalks me at every turn. The whole scenario is epic.

I got Frontlines fuel of war and I have to say its really bad.

The single player game is poor. There's no drama or supsense like COD4, a tank shows up and there is a rocket launcher nearby every time.

I'm currently on a mission where I am on my own with a sniper rifle and have to take out several outposts. Not too bad right? so I take out the three outposts and then I have to take out another three but I get ripped to bits by enemies with machine guns so far away, I have to use the sniper scope on max to barely see them and did I mention that it took 3 count em 3! head shots to kill one enemy, the fuckin hand gun does more damage.

All the guns feel the same as well. The assault rifle feels like the heavy assault rifle, there's no real need to change how you fight as in COD4. Also set in a world of dwindling resources you would think you could pick up an enemy's weapon wouldn't you.

The control scheme for the vehicles is very poor, often the vehicles were doing stuff contary to what I wanted ie push stick up to go forward but the car starts moving in a circle. Say what you will about Halo but in my opinon it has the best vehicle control system going.

Apparently multiplayer is suppose to be great but to be honest I hate this game so much I could bear to play it online.

Back to the shop with you.

For some reason, my 360 won’t read my save file for Condemned 2. I made it all the way to the last stage too, and now it’s asking me if I’d like to start the first level again. I've had a few problems with my 360 in the past couple of months, but nothing major. This however is very annoying.

I just hope my other game saves work okay. I’m not going to be happy if I’ve lost everything.

Sega mood this week.

Streets of Rage 2 (Gen) - This is an assload easier than I remember.

Saturday Night Slam Masters (Gen) - This game needs a revival.

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (Sat) - Still surprisingly good considering it's age.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (DC) - Yes, still.