What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Guest TFG1Mike

I finally managed to beat The SPECIAL world in Super Mario World. It's kinda sad it's taken me 4 years off and on to get past that damn Tubular stage. I bought the system and game back in 06. Yay for me :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally managed to beat The SPECIAL world in Super Mario World. It's kinda sad it's taken me 4 years off and on to get past that damn Tubular stage. I bought the system and game back in 06. Yay for me :D

Tubular is one of the hardest levels in the game so understandable. I remember taking hours to beat it myself.

Got Fifa 2009 since I was feeling footbally and PES 2008 wasn't really doing it for me anymore. I was a Fifa franchise fan going back to 1998, and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of innovation in the way the game plays. Not least of which is the individual player mode, where you take on a personal career and get exp points for playing well that you can spend improving your skills. At first I figured it wouldn't have much long-term appeal, but its really caught my attention. Starting out in the reserves and building your status is a really cool idea, plus it makes you much more tactically minded as a player, trying to create plays for others and get your positioning right for crosses, all the stuff the game usually does for you. Its the sort of mini-game BS that in fighting games results in dry stroller-style regression but here opens up huge new possibilities.

Right now I'm a Lineker-style striker, never been booked with a great goal-scoring record, but I also run at the defence a bit and set up my striking partner, who's my co-league top scorer. Since I got called up from the reserves mid-season I've pretty much pushed them to the top of our division which if it continues means promotion.

Nice to start out in Bristol City too.

Prototype: Take Crackdown, GTA IV and Spider-Man 3 together and you get this. It's an almost superhero game wannabe, that just wants to be hard for the sake of being hard. When you are in the middle of uncontrollable events, you can still take damage from the enemy. The first level is the most fun I've gotten from the game, the rest is just tedious, and repetitive to all hell. AI is shit, it's so fucking stupid.

To explain why I picked those three games:

Crackdown: The stupid jumping, and levelling up you do.

GTA IV: It looked fun, but when you actually play it, the game isn't all that great.

Spider-man 3: Choosing things to do wherever, and the wall crawling. Also, the stupidly hard enemies that can actually hit you several times, before you get one shot in.

• 2 weeks later...

In vanilla SF4, he was probably the worst character in the game outside of Vega.

In Super, he has more health to work with, but still relies heavily on constant running and mix-ups. I've been owned by a few Fuertes because it can be hard to anticipate what to what he'll do out of a run.

But yeah, if someone doesn't know how to use him, it's ugly.

Mirrors Edge: When I played the demo, I hated it. When I played the game at a friends, I hated it. When I got it sent to me by Love Film. It got better.

It's not great, but it's not horrible. I'm not paying attention to the story, and apart from just plain stupid bits, and a crappy boss in chapter 4, I enjoyed it.