What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

I can't stop playing Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on the PSP. Loved the PS version of the game and the sequel, and I've been waiting so long for another version of the game. Granted, it's pretty much the same game as the PS version, but it's been so long that it's a real treat for me.

Of course, I still find a little time to devote to DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2, one of my guilty pleasures. Love the DOA girls, and I won't apologize for it, so I await the coming heckling with courage. Poetic for something so shallow, huh?

I also bought Crystal Gem Saga for the PSP, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm not sure if I'll hit that next, or make another run through Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords first.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, I still find a little time to devote to DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2, one of my guilty pleasures. Love the DOA girls, and I won't apologize for it, so I await the coming heckling with courage. Poetic for something so shallow, huh?

A fellow brother in arms, this one.

Did you play the first one?

Yeah. It didn't do anything for me either.

Before you say "Why did you think the second one would be any different?" I got it from my rental service who picked a game at random from a list I made of 50. I'd heard good things about AC2, so I decided to give it a shot. Got bored, and it's already in the post back to the warehouse.

Actually, I was going to say "the reason myself and a lot of people liked AC2 so much is because it was such a massive improvement over AC1". I figured that someone who hadn't played the first wouldn't have the same experience but the series as a whole may just not click for you, which is fine. I hated the first game and gave the second a 9 in my review, so they are wildly different.

Actually, I was going to say "the reason myself and a lot of people liked AC2 so much is because it was such a massive improvement over AC1". I figured that someone who hadn't played the first wouldn't have the same experience but the series as a whole may just not click for you, which is fine. I hated the first game and gave the second a 9 in my review, so they are wildly different.

Oh. My mistake.

Yeah, I just couldn't get into the series. Oh well.

And I liked both thanks to the whole joy of movement thing. As long as its fun to physically control the character I'll forgive a game a lot. Like the Spider-man series.

I really liked the movie games. And forgave 3 even though, it was a bit of the dick with the AI being able to hit three moves before you could hit one.

Meh, gameplay was streamlined, heck, a lot of it was streamlined from AC1, I'll give them that. But I really didn't see anything special in AC2, no connection to Ezio, whatsoever, and the story barely moved two inches before they shut the door again.

The Ancients were killed by a giant solar flare, they left advanced technology behind to stop the catastrophe again. But oh noes! The bad bad people want all the advanced technology for themselves so they can take over the world! E-GAD!

IMO when all is said and done, no noteworthy plot development and Ezio sucks.

Got Ghostbusters on Thursday, and I just completed it. If I bought the game I would feel slightly ripped off, but as a rental, it was adequate. I don't see any replay value, and the controls were just alright. I didn't like how you couldn't alter your guy in the game. And it was really short. Ending was a bit blah, all in all, a great game to rent, just not one I'd recommend buying. Unless you were a really big Ghostbusters fan. Even then, I'd say try and not pay full RRP.

Got Ghostbusters on Thursday, and I just completed it. If I bought the game I would feel slightly ripped off, but as a rental, it was adequate. I don't see any replay value, and the controls were just alright. I didn't like how you couldn't alter your guy in the game. And it was really short. Ending was a bit blah, all in all, a great game to rent, just not one I'd recommend buying. Unless you were a really big Ghostbusters fan. Even then, I'd say try and not pay full RRP.

I'll agree with you on most of that. The main reason I bought it was that Ghostbusters is one of the films that shaped my childhood. I'll say that while it's not a great game, it's a good game and has the plus of invoking the films pretty well, especially the humor and the voice acting.

Finished the storyline in Red Dead Redemption. Lot of fun overall, I'm trying to complete all the extra awards now. Tall Trees is just an insane area though, massively dangerous. Every time I try to spend more than 5 seconds standing still I seem to get raped by a pack of bears. Just managed to complete the bear-hunting sharpshooter deal too, where you have to kill three bears with one shot each. Freakin' nightmare, every shot just attracts more bears from different directions. Plus in order to beat my survivalist thing I need to pick ten plants right in the middle of bear country.

On the other hand I managed to win the Poker game in Blackwater. But you know what they say, unlucky at bears, lucky in cards.