What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Just finished Halo: Reach on Legendary difficulty.

Okay, so I've never really been a Halo fan before now (I liked them, just didn't love them), but I'm really starting to come around. Reach gives the whole Halo universe a new coat of paint, filled with depth and realism that didn't really show up before.

I started reading one of the Halo novels (The Fall of Reach), and it's really damn good. Good enough that I can actually agree when someone says "Halo is amazing."

So yeah. New Halo superfan here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, have been playing Halo: Reach. The level of customization in this game is insane and the additions to multiplayer (particularly the veto system) are very good.

But I cannot fucking stand the DMR and needle rifles, which are huge parts of the game. It would be like me being forced to use the FAL in Modern Warfare 2. I HATE single-shot long distance weapons. I've never been good with such weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Dead Rising 2 - Single player is nearly a carbon copy of the first. The online multiplayer is really fun though. Been spending most of my time playing that, which is something I almost never do for these kind of games.

Just got a used special edition DS Lite over here that included It's a Wonderful World (English title: The World Ends With You), and I'm now playing through the newest Pokemon (I got Black) on my commutes to places. You'd be surprised how many other people on the trains are playing it, too; I ended up sitting next to this little kid the other day, and I took out my DS, and he looked over and grinned, cause he was playing too.

Have FFXII: Revenant Wings and It's A Wonderful World waiting for as soon as I get through it. Looking at getting the newest KH (Re:Coded), Okamiden, KH 358/2 Days, FFIV, and Pokemon Soul Silver too while I'm here. Oh, and that game that's being animated by Studio Ghibli.

Smackdown vs Raw 2011

Really liking what I've seen of Universe mode so far. Puts random events into your matches, but doesn't overdo it.

Played a random match on Superstars between Jack Swagger (me) and JTG. Swagger attacked JTG during his entrance and suddenly the match started and I had a finisher. One Doctor Bomb later and the match was over.

Yes, you can now have genuine squash matches.

Smackdown vs Raw 2011

Really liking what I've seen of Universe mode so far. Puts random events into your matches, but doesn't overdo it.

Played a random match on Superstars between Jack Swagger (me) and JTG. Swagger attacked JTG during his entrance and suddenly the match started and I had a finisher. One Doctor Bomb later and the match was over.

Yes, you can now have genuine squash matches.

I'm picking up tomorrow. So yay for that.

Finally played Smackdown 2011. The Road To Wrestlemania story got old fast for me. However the actual matches are really fun, and squash matches are awesome.

I like how you can just about hit finishers from anywhere now it feels like, instead of being specific, like Edges spear, he now does a running finishing spear. The game feels harder to control, making it feel more real, and you can put people on the turnbuckle and not automatically grapple them anymore. Also, a new HITC and EC, which is great as they needed updating. And of course you can become TNA and make this most insane gimmick matches possible. Like a last man standing elimination chamber match.

All in all, from what little I've been able to play (About 2-3 hours) I'm really enjoying this game.

Red Dead Redemption I'm not fully done with it yet (Only 50% complete) but I am really enjoying it, the game is like what GTA IV should have been, a fun game. My gripes are simple, it takes ages to get to places, and the timing of things (Come back between 5AM and 10PM isn't great when its 10:15 and fuck all is open) a couple of things I really like are the game feeling sorry for you:

If you play a mission and you die several times, you are given the option of just skipping that part of the mission. Which, when you are ready to throw your pad at the screen, is nice. And also, unlike GTA, if you die during a part of the mission, you are not sent back to the start, miles away, you are put back at the last checkpoint of the mission.

All in all, I'm enjoying both games at the moment. So yay for that.