What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started my Okamiden playthrough. Have come to the conclusion that with the way the camera moves and the fact that I'm probably gonna need a walkthrough while going through this, I'm only going to be able to play this in the dorm, which is kinda disappointing. Also disappointing is the fact that I'm getting a headache playing it.

Playing them back-to-back, gears 1 has a great atmosphere and experimental gameplay. Gears 2 has a better focus on the characters and a definite improvement on gameplay, though has a more action movie feel vs gears 1. I think they're going to balance everything out in gears 3, and it shall be awesome.

P.S. "IT'S A GIANT WORM!!!"

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood- Amazing how in such a short period they've managed to create this entire sequel to 2 that ups the ante in so many ways. You get double handed weapons now, you fight the Borgias for control of the city of Rome, burning their towers and renovating shops and monuments. Best of all is an aspect I wasn't even sure I'd like, you get to recruit people to your cause. There are 12 Borgia towers to burn, and for every one you do you can recruit another apprentice assassin, someone who you save from the city guards. I built up 9 Assassins to start, sending them out on missions across Europe to get XP. The better they are, the better the chance they'll succeed, and you can load missions with up to 5 assassin's to better your odds. I loaded up a tough mission with my five best guys which gave them a 90% chance of success. I was rewarded by finding out they were all dead after failing and I had to start all over again. Fortunately my last four guys remain to this day and all reached the rank of assassin, and the five newbies I'm bringing up only go out on 100% missions so I don't lose my investment.

So its basically turned into fantasy assassination manager but its still fun. Plus, you can just target guards, call in your buddies and they'll fly in out of nowhere and take them down, which is awesome because it means you don't get any aggro.

Loving this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Put in Spiderman Shattered Dimensions for a quick play on Saturday. Pretty fun, the voice casting of Neil Patrick Harris as Amazing Spiderman is fantastic. The animation and design is weird. Not bad weird, just not what I was expecting, but it feels very comic book ish, which is a good thing.

I just played through the first ASM level, where you face Kraven. Yeah, I agree with what you are saying, Max.

Just finished Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. It was good, but nothing special.

The story was not bad, not the best thing ever, but it made sense. And for the most part, I enjoyed the game. The controls were a bit fucking annoying, such as when you have to have the same fucking button as the zipline and the fucking swinging when one mission requires you to switch back and forth between the two over a two second period.

There are four Spider-Men in this game, 2099, Noir, Amazing and Ultimate. Now for me to rank them in the order I liked them from best to worst:

2099 (That guy and his levels were fucking awesome)

Noir (If you liked Arkham Asylum, you'll like these levels.

In the last level with Noir you need to hide in the shadows and make your way towards a towering Mysterio, which was almost exactly like the Scarecrow sequence in AA.

)

Amazing (Mostly for NPH, but was still fun)

Ultimate (He's just Amazing with a different costume and some crappy voice actor)

The graphics sometimes look comic book-ish and at other times odd. It won't blow you away with great graphics, but it looks alright.

I loved the Noir levels, personally. The Amazing segments were where the game felt flat to me.

Once I got used to the staying in the darkness thing, it was a lot more fun to play. But the first level, wasn't a great first opening level, like it took me a few minutes before I was able to note how radically different it was from the other levels in the game, where instead of going in all guns blazing, you have to use your stealth abilities. I also really liked the new darker takes on the villains in Noir, the Vulture was the best designed character in the game.

My gripe with Amazing was how similar it and Ultimate were. You do the exact same things twice each time, with the only difference being, apart from the fucked up Deadpool level, you have the symbiote powers for Ultimate Spider-Man. That end sequence in the Deadpool level really annoyed the shit out of me. You need to be incredibly accurate, and then, actually fighting deadpool took seconds.

Actually come to think of it, I'm switching my order and replacing Noir with Amazing. As Amazing only really had NPH as anything memorable.