What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I've beaten it once, and I can say that it definitely gets better near the end. There's a New Game + option that lets you fast forward through puzzles and dialog you've already seen the first time, so I imagine my second play through being more enjoyable.

I think my biggest hang up was that it was getting 9s and 10s everywhere, and aside from a clever story (and even then, it's kinda derivative), it really doesn't do anything amazing to warrant that. Having played my share of visual novels, I don't think the genre really lends itself that well to a handheld, let alone one like the DS, where the focus should be on a quick, pick-up and play experience. The stylus is a non-factor and the pace makes it nearly impossible to play for a few minutes and put away. I literally had to sit for hours at a time to get through it, waiting for that one moment that made me go "this is a game of the year", but it never happened.

While I give it a mild recommend, I have to say that it's mostly a product of hype, and that really hurt my experience.

The game is actually a lot more balanced than I was expecting. Infinites are gone and a lot of safe-guards have been put in place. I'm going to put up my first impressions for every character in the main thread tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a couple of hours into the first Uncharted game, before the annoying amounts of enemies you face at one time, and the game being picky about when it wants to acknowledge headshot kills annoyed me enough to pack up the game, and send it back.

I'll put it back on my rental list, but I don't want to play it again for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Infamous: I lasted forty minutes before I pressed the eject button. It felt like the original crackdown, but lacked the charm of that game, and having to repeatedly charge your electrical powers got on my nerves, as did the fact that the game just didn't feel like it was going to be any fun, ever.

You Don't Know Jack! (2011): I am SO glad this series has made a comeback. Easily the most fun trivia game in history. It's still as sarcastically hilarious as it ever was back in the 90's.

This. Man, did this game take me back.