What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Been going for the major Good/True endings in Catherine - turns out once you gold a stage, you can skip it, which is really useful, especially down the line, once you play it enough that you can get a hang of it.

Been playing UMvC3, too, but not as much.

Also, the plan is to play through all of Portal today, except with breaks for recording. This is probably doable, due to my complete lack of plans.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phineas and Ferb for the PS3: The two player controls are a little annoying. I'm so used to the lego games, where if one player moves far enough, the screen would split into two, that doesn't happen here, and the second player will be teleported to where the first player is, if they are to far away. However, that doesn't stop the game from being fun. The graphics would look crappy on a PS2, but still, it's a fun game, and worth a rental if you're a fan of the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 1:It's not as fun, engaging, or as memorable as a crack in time. But I still really enjoyed it. Eight hours long, and after the pretty dull first level, it gets really fun, and it flows in such a way, that I just felt the need to carry on to the next chapter. It doesn't come with a crack in time, or tools of destruction like the box claims, and it's confusing to load a saved game, where you need to go through the level select options, till you get to your last played area, and choose a new character, making it seem like the game does not have a save function.

If you can, rent the game, it's short, but fun while it lasts.

• 1 month later...

Saints Row the third: GTA IV done right. This game was just crazy fun, and was actually enjoyable to play, unlike GTA IV. Just pick up and play fun, with a funny and stupid story, really enjoyed this game.

GTA IV: Lost and Damned: I got bored, it's like night and day between this and saints row 3, one is very fun, and easy to play and control, the other has frustrating lock on, hard driving controls and dull music. I got bored of this after an hour, and the story just didn't interest me, at all. So glad I rented, rather than buying this.

• 4 weeks later...

These are the tiles I've recently begun playing:

Lego Batman: The Video Game (Nintendo DS)

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Nintendo DS)

Yoshis Island DS (Nintendo DS) {I took a break on this cause the last level is extremely difficult to get 100% on}

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Nintendo Gamecube)

Super Paper Mario (Nintendo Wii)

Bully: The Scholarship Edition (Nintendo Wii)

Justice League Heroes (Playstation 2)

Banjo-Kazooie (Nintendo 64)

Banjo-Tooie (Nintendo 64)

Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Mini's (Nintendo DS){I just beat the GBA original}

Wario World (Nintendo Gamecube)

Batman: Vengeance (Nintendo Gamecube)

Donkey Kong Land 2 (Nintendo Gameboy)

Sonic Advance (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)

Sonic Advance 2 (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo DS)

I just got 100% on Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Nintendo DS)

• 2 weeks later...

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - With the character editor, I've given Brad an epic mustache and made him look like Dudley from Street Fighter. I have made it up to 1st Dan rank using only the punch button.

• 2 weeks later...

The Darkness 2: Game can get stupildy hard at times. Before you know it, light shines on you, you're blinded, and then you die. Not as fun as the first game, but overall, it's ok.

Lego Batman 2: The open world is just annoying. Not because of how big it is, but just the annoyance of finding the next place you're supposed to go. The map is terrible, and the guide is barely visible, and takes you on the longest route possible, and will likely lead you to dead ends. The missions themselves, are fine.

I've been playing the Uncharted games a lot recently... I'm getting The Amazing Spider-Man soon so I'll probably be playing that for the next month or so... Is Lego Batman 2 worth a buy yet or should I wait until it is cheaper?

It's fun, but nothing I'd say go out and buy right away. Either try and find a way to rent it, or wait for the price to drop in a few months.

• 1 month later...

Finally sat down and applied myself, and finished Portal 2 last weekend. Excellent game. Don't really see how they could develop things beyond where they left them, but if they do, I'd be interested to see where it goes.

And now, I think it's time to try some Scott Pilgrim and Bastion, I've had those on the XBox a while and haven't really started playing them.

Rage: Picked it up for 10 bucks at Best Buy. It looks great, but is not open world like you would think. I don't like how it throws you into car races and arena fights at the beginning of the game. Also, some type of fast travel would be nice. Driving everywhere becomes a pain.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction: I haven't played the other games. I got this during the Steam Summer Sale for cheap. It's pretty fun, but it seems like a lot of the actions are automated. You hit a button and a bunch of stuff happens. That's kind of annoying. It feels almost like watching someone play a game instead of playing it yourself sometimes.

• 2 months later...

Putting ACIII away for a while. Due to it's stellar reviews I just had to grab Halo 4 earlier than I intended. Tonight I'm actually going to have OH FUCK IT'S ANOTHER GODDAMN QUICKTIME EVENT FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

The guy behind the counter told me the game started with one after I'd already paid. I'm pretty sure black clouds gatherd right then and there over my head in the store.

• 1 month later...

Beat Mega Man X Street Fighter.

Considering it's essentially a glorified rom hack, it's amazingly well executed. The level design is nothing special and standard enemies have just a few too many hit points, but the boss battles with the Street Fighter characters are fantastic. You come for the fan service and it provides it in spades. The future of the Mega Man franchise may be dependent entirely on fan created work at this point, and this is a good start.