Suavestar podcasts too much

SuaveStar

Well, I always wanted to wrok in radio and my talks too much videos are my most popular videos on youtube, I decided to spin them off into an entire cluster podcast called:

Suavestar podcasts too much.

I am already recording first takes of the intro first episode and I like the theme I stole and am using audacity.

My plan is for it to be a cluster of all things that go through my head that I can think up during the recording and beforehand and say what i think.

So I guess all I can say is, wish me luck as I try and get my second weirdest project for the next few months done.

My weirdest project is something that would make even people who like what i do say "Ok, he really is crazy..."

Anyway, just thought I'd say hey when it airs, give the episode a listen and such because I gurantee at the end of the episode you will say:

That guy does podcast too much and has way too much free time.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Suave:

I mean this in all sincerity make your podcast a review style thing like review your favorite DVD sets like you did on the youtube vids. Random stuff and just bitching in general doesn't tend to attract a lot of listeners. But if you have a specific rant or something that's ok maybe you could do a review on all your toys or something. Just don't sit there and ramble because it won't work. This is just my humble opinion. Maybe Suave's CakeCast or something lol :D

Oh, I completely understand DCAU.

Also you can openly say it is a bollocks idea if you want.

As long as you can give refernce to why, I won't mind.

Anyway, it will be a sort of film/tv/dvd/toy review thing with me just giving my thoughts on them, and what I think about things in general.

I know it will probably suck, but I've always wanted to work in radio and this seems like my best learning option.

But thanks for the advice man, I will take it on board.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Oh, I completely understand DCAU.

Also you can openly say it is a bollocks idea if you want.

As long as you can give refernce to why, I won't mind.

Anyway, it will be a sort of film/tv/dvd/toy review thing with me just giving my thoughts on them, and what I think about things in general.

I know it will probably suck, but I've always wanted to work in radio and this seems like my best learning option.

But thanks for the advice man, I will take it on board.

podcasting is fucking great !!!! and the reason why I said what I said suave is because you said this:

My plan is for it to be a cluster of all things that go through my head that I can think up during the recording and beforehand and say what i think.

now when I read that I understood it to mean that you were going to be talking and bitching about everything you could think of. And as I stated before that will not bring you listeners. My sponsor from pedaconempire.com told me about a friend of his that tried doing a podcast of just bitching and moaning and whining and everything and it failed mierably.

However if you do a podcast on a certain subject and are negative towards something every now and then it's t a bad idea.

Take E-2 TS episode 261: He-Man & She-Ra: The Secret Of The Sword and there really isn't a lot of ranting and raving on that subject from either mike or jenny but then turn to 5 episodes later and listen to episode 266: Batman 89 mike goes off on a rant and raving mad negative plunge on that movie so much that he abuses his desk. which is funny but still a very good subject to rant on if you don't like.

Basically random bitching about random stuff will not be good but if there's a specific subject that you want to rant on that's kinda ok.

DCAU, I totally understand what you mean about the rantings and shit.

But thats not what i feel i am going to do.

My favourite youtube videos to do are the talks to much as they are fun and really a great place to just let rip and say whats on my mind, about movies, tv anything that takes my mind and I roll with it.

I don't care about politics and hav no political alliegance and never plan to, because it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

With my podcast the video will be done in the style of talks too much, but without a time limit so I won't feel rushed to start over with the next part and lose any thought process I was having, which along with my audio is one of the things I don't like about the talks too much right now.

Guest DCAUFan1051
DCAU, I totally understand what you mean about the rantings and shit.

But thats not what i feel i am going to do.

My favourite youtube videos to do are the talks to much as they are fun and really a great place to just let rip and say whats on my mind, about movies, tv anything that takes my mind and I roll with it.

I don't care about politics and hav no political alliegance and never plan to, because it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

With my podcast the video will be done in the style of talks too much, but without a time limit so I won't feel rushed to start over with the next part and lose any thought process I was having, which along with my audio is one of the things I don't like about the talks too much right now.

ok maybe I'm totally misunderstand your concept? Will it be a video podcast or audioi only????

if it's audio only and you start with a certain topic like reviewing Iron Man DVD then in the middle you start off on a tangent completely unrelated it will be hard for people to follow. that's what I thought you meant about bitiching about all the stuff that comes into your head randomly. have u listened to this week's supplemental? and please leave feedback and write reviews on iTunes lol noone has written a review on my podcast yet :cry:

If you want my honest opinion, I don't think this is a very good idea, at least in terms of putting together something that people would actually want to listen to.

People mainly listen to podcasts for two reasons, to be entertained or to learn something. If all you're doing is stream of consciousness like your YouTube vids, that's not a podcast, that's an audio blog. There's nothing inherently wrong with an audio blog, but not a whole lot of people will care to listen to it.

That's not a slight against you, either. It wouldn't matter who was doing it. It's just not a good concept for a podcast. Unless it's Vincent Price or Mitch Hedburg, I really don't care to hear the random thoughts of another human being, especially solo.

My recommendation, if you truly have your heart set on this, is find a co-host. There are plenty of podcasts out there that have no format, but are carried by the chemistry and personalities of the hosts, but they would be absolutely dreadful as a one person show.