Wizard World Philly 2007

Missy

OH MY GOD! There is so much cool news coming out of Philly this weekend. Top of the list:

- After "One More Day" there will be one Spider-Man title, that being Amazing Spider-Man... and it will ship three times a month! No word on the creative team(s) behind the thrice-monthly title.

- As of issue #13 The Flash is done. Over. Kaput! Afterwards there will be a special called All Flash, and then Flash will continue with Flash #231... which is right where the last series left off. Mark Waid will be writing that, with Daniel Acuna on art. (With that creative team, you can bet I'll be buying that book.) Who the Flash will be they did not reveal.

- Peter David will be writing She-Hulk once Dan Slott departs the title.

- After "Endangered Species" the next X-event will be entitled "Messiah Complex" and will span Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, New X-Men and X-Factor. Look for that to begin in October.

- DC is launching several Countdown spinoffs, Countdown to Mystery being the only one I recall by name right now. One of them, however, will star Donna Troy, Jason Todd and Kyle Rayner as they

traverse the multiverse. Their first stop... the WildStorm Universe. This is a six-issue mini, but I suspect it will lead into an ongoing akin to Sliders.

(<------ 52 SPOILER)

- Jenny got hit on by a fanboy, but he was put off because she wasn't a hardcore fangirl. (Or... at least she thinks so. She isn't all that good at picking up when people are hitting on her. I say "people" because I know she's been hit on by women, but didn't realize it at the time.)

As we do after every convention, we'll post the panels we recorded on the mainpage. This year Jen and I recorded 15 (compared to six from this time last year).

OH MY GOD! There is so much cool news coming out of Philly this weekend. Top of the list:

- After "One More Day" there will be one Spider-Man title, that being Amazing Spider-Man... and it will ship three times a month! No word on the creative team(s) behind the thrice-monthly title.

Good news! Let's hope their competition takes notice and streamlines some of the Bat and Super titles...

- As of issue #13 The Flash is done. Over. Kaput! Afterwards there will be a special called All Flash, and then Flash will continue with Flash #231... which is right where the last series left off. Mark Waid will be writing that, with Daniel Acuna on art. (With that creative team, you can bet I'll be buying that book.) Who the Flash will be they did not reveal.

I may even check it out too. Speculation time: All Flash? Bart disappears into the Speed Force and returns as an amalgam of him, Wally and Barry. That could be cool. Waid's not my cup of tea but I'l check out the special at least.

- DC is launching several Countdown spinoffs, Countdown to Mystery being the only one I recall by name right now. One of them, however, will star Donna Troy, Jason Todd and Kyle Rayner as they

traverse the multiverse. Their first stop... the WildStorm Universe. This is a six-issue mini, but I suspect it will lead into an ongoing akin to Sliders.

(<------ 52 SPOILER)

A little derivative of Exiles but interesting nonetheless. Takes care of the "detritus" issue in Countdoqwn without doing away with three characters with so much potential. How much do you want to bet Grifter and Red Hood square off?

- Jenny got hit on by a fanboy, but he was put off because she wasn't a hardcore fangirl. (Or... at least she thinks so. She isn't all that good at picking up when people are hitting on her. I say "people" because I know she's been hit on by women, but didn't realize it at the time.)

Interesting standards the fella had: "Ahem...<pushes glasses up nose>Sorry but if you can't tell me when the first appearance of Gorilla Grodd was then I don't want anything to do with you."