Episode 872

RSS

Thanks for the Con reviews. I must admit I am relatively new to Cons only having been to a few in my area (Orlando). The big one we gave coming up next week is Megacon. 

I have seen some random seeming arrangements of vendors on the expo floor too. I remember seeing something last year that kind of confused my wife and I. They had several Cosplay is not consent and anti bullying booths which we were all about supporting. My wife and a friend were cod playing Any Pond and River Song for a picture with Karen Gillan and Alex Kingston. My 3 year old was the Doctor with them. His presence is important later. Right down from these booths was a pair of booths from companies selling pics of models cosplaying except that were mostly if not totally naked. Honest question. Was it just our parental reaction or was it really weird of them to put those booths do close to the cosplay is not consent booths?

PS sorry if that causes any unintended heated discussions Mike. 

It'll be interesting to see what changes this year. Last year FanExpo bought Megacon right before the convention. Too late for them to have any impact on last year's Con. The first they did for this year though was make 4 days and move it to Memorial Day weekend.