David Morrell to write Captain America

Missy

From Morrell's website:

Many of you have asked about the publication schedule for my illustrated novel about CAPTAIN AMERICA. Because Marvel Comics has several other big projects in the works, we decided to postpone publication until next year so that there won't be any distraction. Also the artist is taking so much care with the illustrations that we want to give him plenty of time.

I'm still not able to give you his name (Marvel wants to make a big announcement). He's relatively new and has a very strong, hyper-realistic style. I've seen the first issue, and it's a knockout.

As of now, the first issue is scheduled for April of next year. Around Thanksgiving of 2007, all the issues (six of them) will be collected in a book, for which I'll write an afterword. The project's theme is the burden of being a hero (especially one named after the United States) in today's troubled world. I treated the character seriously. There's plenty of emotion.

To clarify something, when he says "illustrated novel" he really means the TPB.