Why does everything have to be justified

SuaveStar

hi guys.

if this is totally not for on here feel free to take it down.

ok so i'm handing in my graded unit on next friday and i need to give a short essay explaining why it's shorter than it should be and why a scripst is missing(i'm writing a script, instead of what was meant to be three!) well i wrote this tonight and need to know if this sounds like a good reason not to do the script.

The radio script was dropped as when I looked at my plan in greater detail, it was the weakest of the projects and had no real way of being redone to be successful, the scripting process was not going along well and everything seemed to not be working, when I looked at the plan and noticed what was working in the other scripts, and what was not working in the radio script I was advised to drop the script as what I had planned on doing, which was going to a local late night radio DJ and interviewing them, would not really leave me enough time to develop the characters into functional beings who would succeed in the world that I was trying to create.

The scenario being a late night DJ who hosts a late night talk show, unconcerned with the people who phoned into his show and what their problems were, the turning point was meant to be that he has a caller who he truly feels he could help and in the end the caller calls themselves, leaving him disillusioned with himself and wondering what he could have done, the script would have ran over around twenty seven pages which in the right format would have came in around the usual time for a radio programme.

The dialogue was the real problem as I had to try and get the DJ to get across as soon as possible that he did not care for any of the callers particularly quickly for the script to have a plausible and half decent ending, but while writing the dialogue, the character just came across as an unlikely and supremely arrogant man(as is the case in Dear Diane where the character from the radio show makes an appearance) who has no redeeming qualities, and if he has no redeeming qualities why should we as the audience care about him or what he is doing or his sudden change of heart with a caller and why did he have this change of heart and get to know a bit on the background of him and why he was a radio show host and what caused him to become so disillusioned, these things alone would have taken up a good ten minutes which would have caused nothing but problems which would have meant that the main story of the caller would just be rushed with the listener feeling no compassion for the caller and not really concern with the person who was going to die in the end.

It is for this reason I decided to cancel the radio script and focus the time on the other scripts which would mean they would have time to be developed and not just rushed and half hearted with the reader not interested in what is going on with the characters and their struggles within the script. I tried to integrate this script into the Dear Diane story as to show how things would have played out, but as shown with the scene in Dear Diane the characters needed a lot more time to develop than I could give them. Also with the time I saved not interviewing people from radio shows I was able to put more time into working out the themes of dear diane and seeing other places I could gain influences for that script and make it better.

really sorry about the length and if it's wasting your time!

Here's what I'd clean up and change.

The radio script was dropped as when I looked at my plan in greater detail, it was the weakest of the projects and had no real way of being redone successfully. The scripting process had not gone well and nothing seemed to work. When I looked at the plan and noticed what was working in the other scripts and what was not working in the radio script, I was advised to drop it as I planned on going to a local late night radio DJ for an interview. It would not really leave me enough time to develop believable characters given the setting.

The scenario I have is about a DJ who hosts a late night talk show, unconcerned with the callers and their problems.

the turning point was meant to be that he has a caller who he truly feels he could help and in the end the caller calls themselves, leaving him disillusioned with himself and wondering what he could have done, (I really have no clue what this sentence is supposed to say.)

the script would have ran for about 27 pages which, in the right format, would have came in around the usual time for a radio program.

The dialogue was a real problem as I had to express the DJ's negative attitude towards his callers in a short period of time for the script to have a plausible ending. While writing the dialogue, the character just came across as an unlikely and supremely arrogant man who has no redeeming qualities (as is the case in Dear Diane where the character from the radio show makes an appearance), which made the character unsympathetic and difficult to relate to. Any further characterization would have been too time-consuming and would have been at the expense of the story.

It is for this reason I decided to cancel the radio script and focus the time on the other scripts in an attempt to make them even better. I tried to integrate this script into the Dear Diane story as to show how things would have played out, but as shown with the scene in Dear Diane the characters needed a lot more time to develop than I could give them. Also, with the time I saved not interviewing people from radio shows I was able to put more effort into working out the themes of Dear Diane and other influences for that script and make it better.