Episode 19

RSS

Jamie McCrimmon joins the crew after The Doctor frees a group of Scotsmen from certain slavery ("The Highlanders"), then they prevent a mad scientist from destroying the world ("The Underwater Menace"). Before discussing those two episodes, however, Dan and Mike answer an e-mail asking them their dream Doctor team-ups. [ 45:03 || 20.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_019.mp3

Are they?

Maybe I'm completely off, but they always seemed that way to me, like McGann was channeling Tom Baker a lot with his performance, what with the Jelly Babies, and the constant bouncing between silly and serious.

I'll have to watch it again. But it makes sense if he was. The movie was made for an American audience, and Baker's Doctor is the one we knew the best pre-relaunch. So to get over with us Yanks, it wouldn't shock me to learn he pulled from Baker's performance.