Episode 383

RSS

What happens when two dashing young gentlemen cross postapocalyptic ruins and enter the realm known only as Mode 7? Another edition of Extra Lives happens, that's what. Join Aaron and Damien as they take you through the next few hours of Chrono Trigger and brave the world of 2300 AD. Also, suspicions of rickrolling, scuba fetishists, and a grown man weeping over abstract art and roses. Don't miss it! [ 1:31:44 || 42.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_383.mp3

Really really enjoying this. I wish you would talk a little more about what effects certain parts of the game had on you. I'm listening to this mostly for you're opinions and to hear you guys gush about a game i've loved forever. Covering the plot is fine but anybody can read a synopsis to figure that out. Give us your opinions and thoughts, anybody listening to the podcast already should want to hear it. I also felt incredibly emotionally involved when Robo was being attacked as well, so it wasn't just you. Boy was i pissed and wanted a piece of them. Great job guys, I look forward to the next one.

Yeah, I know where you’re coming from. I think that's one of those things that we'll get better at over time. Maybe we'll have a little more back and forth about each story point on the next podcast.

And thanks for the comment man. It's the kind of constructive feedback we need at this stage.

I obviously have a different gameplay style than you two since I always used Marle. I do agree she can be useless at the beginning but I liked having a dedicated healer in the party. Now Crono, once the game gave me the option to switch him out, then I took advantage of it. Still, good review so far and plus, since last episode you said you were going up until you get Ayla this week, I don't have to play through quite as much for next time.

Yeah, there was a mis-communication, so we just stopped at The End of Time.

As for Marle, I'm a gold hoarder, so I always use items to heal. That way I can heal without worrying about whose turn it is. I do use her when I fight Lavos, but outside of that, not much.

CaptainAmerica2001, you raise a very good point, and I think as we get further in the game, you're going to see a lot more of those effective moments talked about, since a lot of the ones that made me fall in love with the game happen much later (mostly Frog/Magus related). The synopsis is a necessary evil for an RPG, cause it's very story driven, and can be hard (for the listeners, and for us quite frankly) to keep track of where we are. Also helps for those that listen, but are unable to play along for whatever reason. You'll see a lot less of that with future games, since we'll be following a more level-by-level format, and the discussion will be much more open ended.