Revolutionary Girl Utena

RSS

"Once upon a time, years and years ago, there was a little princess, and she was very sad, for her father and mother had died. Before the princess appeared a traveling prince riding upon a white horse. The prince wrapped the princess in a rose-scented embrace and gently wiped the tears from her eyes. 'Little one,' he said, 'who bears up alone in such deep sorrow, never lose that strength and nobility, even when you grow up. I give you this to remember this day. We will meet again. This ring will lead you to me one day.' Perhaps the ring the prince gave her was an engagement ring. This was all well and good, but she was so impressed by him that the princess vowed to become a prince one day. But was that really such a good idea?"

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/a/revolutionary-girl-utena

Good stuff, Hannah.

This one scares me a bit. Whilst you heap praise upon it, I have a feeling it may be way too cutesy for me. Any time I see pink hair, an alarm goes off.

Yeah, they're a bit color-coordinated, but it's a lot more psychological than it lets on. Also, post-modern fairy tale. Give it a try. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Girl_Utena <-- this also gets a lot more into the deeper parts of the series that I didn't cause I didn't have space. xD

Also, know that if you get squicked by implied incest and sexual abuse, you might want to steer clear.