Resident Evil 4

Tom Cataldi

Yoda, I like your reviews and writing a lot. Which is why I was so surprised when I went to read what I thought was gonna be a review of Resident Evil 4, and got totally faked out. It was like the column equivilant of a bait and switch. Just seemed weird... I was expecting a review, and got "yeah I'm gonna review this soon".

Preview: Resident Evil 4

By: Michael David Sims

I'm going to be honest with you, I hate the Resident Evil series. I think they're the most overrated games since Sonic the Hedgehog, and I've never been shy about saying so. Then again, I came into the franchise upon its debut on the GameCube—long after the series had made its mark on the PlayStation.

It said it in the title that it was a preview, so you probably should've read it a little closer. :P

Anyway, I did enjoy this. It was more or less just your feelings on the RE series in general and less of a preview of the actual game, but it was still pretty good and I'm interested in hearing your review on the game hopefully in the near future.

I am very sorry for any confusion. Hopefully I'll have a complete review during the week of February 1. Also, to clear up any future confusion (because I can see where it stems from) I've changed the title to "Initial Thoughts: Resident Evil 4".

And thank you for the compliments concerning my writing.

Preview: Resident Evil 4

By: Michael David Sims

I'm going to be honest with you, I hate the Resident Evil series. I think they're the most overrated games since Sonic the Hedgehog, and I've never been shy about saying so. Then again, I came into the franchise upon its debut on the GameCube—long after the series had made its mark on the PlayStation.

It said it in the title that it was a preview, so you probably should've read it a little closer. :P

Haha, it's weird, I scanned it a few times after originally reading it and deciding to make that post to make sure that it didn't say that anywhere, and STILL missed it. In that context, it makes more sense. I'm looking forward to the review itself, though.

I agree with a lot of your views on the franchise too, except the horror part. Scary movies actually scare me, so Resident Evil tends to, too.