Episode 188

RSS

This week, after Desmond drops some knowledge about the upcoming Dread Media Presents... Darryll joins him for a review of the 1981 Lucio Fulci classic The Beyond. Also, the mind-shattering true story behind the cause of World War II is revealed! And nothing will ever be the same! Tunes to carry you through one of the seven doors to Hell: "The Grave... & Beyond!" by Zombina & The Skeletones, "Beyond the Realms of Death" by Judas Priest, and "Thing Beyond Things" by Devin Townsend. [ 1:16:18 || 35.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_188.mp3

Regarding early 80s Italian horror films: I'm wishing I could have seen these in their original theatrical runs. I'm sure my outlook on this very particular (and rather peculiar) sub-genre would be very different. These pictures demand an opulent movie house packed to the rafters with rabid gore fans. If anyone knows of an Italian Horror Film Fest, let me know.