RIP Stan Lee

You Know Who

Truly a legend. By creating flawed heroes that exist in real world cities, he changed the face of comics. His impact will last long beyond his death. Those of us who dabbled in fiction (even if only with stories composed in our heads) wish we could be one tenth of one percent as creative as he was.

One of the nightly network news programs (I listen via audio podcast so they kind of all run together) had an interview with him where he described how he came up with "Spider-Man" by watching a fly climb on the wall. What if a person could do that? Now I need a name...

When my family moved to the USA my parents were looking for opportunity or a more comfortable life, the only thing I looked forward to was being able to watch Spider-Man on TV. 

I recently heard someone make a convincing argument that if it were not for Stan Lee, anime would not have the impact on the western world that it currently does.

https://youtu.be/MOakn34BjQI

We will miss you.