Something for my dad.

SuaveStar

Well, I usually get my dad something crap for christmas, I know how great a son am I.

Anyway, I remember us having a short conversation about comics and how Batman is my favourites were Batman and Superman. I got the idea to get him something he might like this year.

Does anyone know if any Superman or Green Lantern trades that fit this description:

Good story.

Self contained.

Easy for someone to understand what is going on and not have to know years of comic history.

Easy to find.

Thanks for any help guys.

Well, I usually get my dad something crap for christmas, I know how great a son am I.

Anyway, I remember us having a short conversation about comics and how Batman is my favourites were Batman and Superman. I got the idea to get him something he might like this year.

Does anyone know if any Superman or Green Lantern trades that fit this description:

Good story.

Self contained.

Easy for someone to understand what is going on and not have to know years of comic history.

Easy to find.

Thanks for any help guys.

Either Superman: Man of Steel (if you can find it) or Birthright.

Also, we just covered Green Lantern: Secret Origins on WFTT, which was really good.

All Star Superman

Death of Superman

Superman: Endgame

Green Lantern is a bit harder, since there's a lot to keep up with. I'd say Rebirth is a pretty good starting point.

Or you could just get him some Showcases.

Superman For All Seasons is the only book you should buy your dad at this point.

For a father, it will be a supremely impactful story.

Just to add a bit more info, he's nearly 60.

So that would be the best thing to get him.

Ok, I'm going to go to the comic shop tomorrow and look for that then.

I may look at the Green lantern showcases as well.