new Battlestar Galactica spinoff

Syfy also is seeking to expand its popular "Battlestar" franchise.

When asked about the chances of its modestly performing spinoff "Caprica" getting a renewal, Stern was bullish. He pointed to the show recently hitting a series high in the adult demographic using Live+7 ratings, drawing 1.6 million viewers and 913,000 adults 18-49.

"We have a lot of hope for that show," Stern said. "The (DVR data) has been very promising and growing week after week."

The network also is looking to order another "Battlestar"-related project. Details were slim, but Stern said the title would mark a return to the franchise's space-opera roots.

"We're looking for other ways to spin off 'Battlestar' beyond 'Caprica,' " he said. "That world is so rich. We're sitting down with (executive producer) Ron Moore and his team. It would not necessarily be a traditional series."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ic04432c02b789744ee970bac84a24db3

Thank God, because Caprica is crap(rica?).

Caprica is getting much better. There are times I'm enjoying it better than Galactica. That said, I really can't think of any other way to spin-off the series at this point. I mean sure, they could do a TV movie focusing on the Final Five or one on the first Cylon War or maybe even Kobol but that's really about it at this point.

I don't get the hate for Caprica! I find it intriguing, well-written & fascinating! Their universe is like ours but different in the same way that BSG's was but even moreso. None of the characters are simple or easy to understand, they are all complex, captivating people who can't be summed up in a few words. I find Caprica to be a beautifully constructed breath of fresh air on a channel whose airtime is overcrowded with fake ghost hunters & pro wrestling.

I don't get the hate for Caprica! I find it intriguing, well-written & fascinating! Their universe is like ours but different in the same way that BSG's was but even moreso. None of the characters are simple or easy to understand, they are all complex, captivating people who can't be summed up in a few words. I find Caprica to be a beautifully constructed breath of fresh air on a channel whose airtime is overcrowded with fake ghost hunters & pro wrestling.

Those two shows are extremely popular. Caprica is not. Considering the cost to make all three of them, Caprica will not be around long. It's too far from Battlestar Galactica for most BG fans to stay interested.