Missy

Come on, people -- show some love for the 2099 series of titles. Sure, they got watered down rather quickly, but tell me Spider-Man 2099 wasn't a kick ass book. Punisher 2099 wasn't that bad either. And though Doom 2099 wasn't your traditional superhero book, it was written by Warren Ellis -- so you know it was good.

EDIT:

I just noticed that there are only two threads in the Marvel forum: 1602 and 2099. How odd.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I like the 2099 line. Thoughts:

Ravage 2099 - Changed directions every fourth issue and didn't have a great starting point.

Spider-Man 2099 - My favorite of the line. Could have done without the 2099 upgrades for villians.

X-Men 2099 - I like it. Should have started way earlier as well.

Doom 2099 - Currently reading. It's Doom, so it is good.

Punisher 2099 - Just kinda there. Never really had an opinion on it.

Ghost Rider 2099 - Why? Totally not needed.

2099 Unlimited / Hulk 2099 - Hulk didn't need his own title. He Should have stayed in Unlimited with all the other little people.

Fantastic Four 2099 - Well, I have none so, null.

X-Nation 2099 - Didn't need another X-Book in the line.

2099: World of Tomorrow - Great idea, poor execution. Kinda hard to combine five/six titles into one book.

Ravage 2099 - Changed directions every fourth issue and didn't have a great starting point.

I could never get into Ravage. Though I have the first issue signed by Stan Lee (who was the initial writer) and I also have a piece of original art from the book, it was just too... I don't know. Just wasn't my taste I guess.

Spider-Man 2099 - My favorite of the line.  Could have done without the 2099 upgrades for villians.

Anyone who was reading 2099 was reading SM2099. It was just that damn good. Yeah, at the end it got wonky and there were too many updated villains, but the book was cool nonetheless. (I also own a double-page spread from this book.)

X-Men 2099 -  I like it.  Should have started way earlier as well.

To tell you the truth, I don't remember much of this book. I own many issue and I recall liking it, but it's all blank to me right now. However, I do remember being upset when that metal dude became all messed up and ugly, 'cause I really liked him.

Doom 2099 - Currently reading.  It's Doom, so it is good.

A little heady. I need to find the back issues I'm missing so I can read it all in one shot.

Punisher 2099 - Just kinda there.  Never really had an opinion on it.

This was during the time of major Punisher saturation, so I can see why many people wouldn't have liked the 2099 version. However, it was neat to see someone with high-tech weapons (and that digital mask) doing what the Punisher does. That fact that he was a cop made it that much cooler. God how I hated it when they killed his girlfriend!

Ghost Rider 2099 - Why?  Totally not needed.

It was a different take, that's for sure.

2099 Unlimited / Hulk 2099 - Hulk didn't need his own title.  He Should have stayed in Unlimited with all the other little people.

Agreed.

Fantastic Four 2099 - Well, I have none so, null.

What was the difference between this book and the current one? From what I remember, the answer is nothing. Same powers and look, just set in the future.

X-Nation 2099 - Didn't need another X-Book in the line.

I remember it, but I don't... if that makes sense.

2099: World of Tomorrow - Great idea, poor execution.  Kinda hard to combine five/six titles into one book.

Agreed.