Doctor Sleep

5 hours ago, The Master said:

Hyped!

Though I am confused: is this a sequel to King's novel or to Kubrick's movie? From the trailer it seems the latter, but press material seems to indicate the former.

Looks like maybe they're reconciling Danny's past with the events of the film, but then just adapting the novel. I'm not sure how much the book references The Shining as I haven't read it yet.

23 hours ago, The Master said:

Hyped!

Though I am confused: is this a sequel to King's novel or to Kubrick's movie? From the trailer it seems the latter, but press material seems to indicate the former.

So, I think it is an adaptation of the book, but on further thought, it only really makes sense to incorporate elements of the Kubrick film into the film version of the book. Otherwise, it's a pretty intensely missed opportunity. Just visually, I mean. And the staggering amount of people who have seen The Shining versus those who have read it would probably agree. 

I'm willing to bet there's very little if anything that is rehashed from Kurbick's film beyond what was shown in the trailer. I could be wrong though.