What movies/TV shows need to be made into comics?

Missy

We've seen a lot of comics made into movies and TV shows, but we don't often see the reverse. So, with that said, what movies or TV shows need to be made into comics? It could be a straight adaptation, a miniseries, or ongoing.

TV:

Sopranos

MOVIES:

28 Days Later

The Lord of the Rings (I know it's a book!)

Harry Potter (I know it's a book!)

From Dusk Till Dawn

Heathers

The Man with No Name trilogy

Kill Bill

I get the impression that 24 would work as a comic - you could put the time in the superscript boxes (what's the proper name?) and have each hour be it's own issue.

24 would make for an awesome comic, however flipping through 22 pages in less than 10 minutes isn't the same as watching the show in one-hour blocks. And if you take the real time element away from 24, it loses its specialness.

I get the impression that 24 would work as a comic - you could put the time in the superscript boxes (what's the proper name?) and have each hour be it's own issue.

24 would make for an awesome comic, however flipping through 22 pages in less than 10 minutes isn't the same as watching the show in one-hour blocks. And if you take the real time element away from 24, it loses its specialness.

Maybe so - as someone who's never got into it (ie/ never been in for the first episode of the series and not bothering from there) I've never understood how real time works given the ad breaks.

Was Buffy ever a comic?

Maybe so - as someone who's never got into it (ie/ never been in for the first episode of the series and not bothering from there) I've never understood how real time works given the ad breaks.

Was Buffy ever a comic?

Dark Horse is often forgotten about by the fans despite the fact that they publish some of the biggest names in licensed comics -- Star Wars, Buffy, and Conan. However, with the success of Hellboy and BPRD, that could all change.

IDW PUBLISHING TO RELEASE COMIC BASED ON TV SHOW "24"

by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer

Posted: March 19, 2004

Fox Television's "24" is known for its unique format where each episode of the series equates one hour worth of story, with a full season detailing the events of a terrorist threat played out in a single day. Focusing on the Los Angeles branch of the Counter Terrorism Unit, "24" is filled with high action and suspense. The show stars Kiefer Sutherland as CTU agent Jack Bauer, a character that's been dubbed by many fans as the "manliest man alive" due to the sheer number of times he's escaped imminent death. This July, Jack Bauer gets his chance to prove his worth on the printed page.

"24: One Shot" is a 48-page, full color, squarebound graphic novella coming from IDW Publishing this July. In keeping with tradition, the comic itself will keep to the unique time format, where two pages of printed story will equal one hour of time. "24: One Shot" is written by J.C. Vaughn and Mark L. Haynes of "Battlestar Galactica" fame with art by "CSI: Miami" artist Renato Guedes.

"24" joins a number of other high-profile licensed properties at IDW, including television programs "The Shield" and "CSI" and the film "Underworld."

In "24: One Shot," CTU agent Jack Bauer has to protect a beautiful and deadly terrorist for twenty-four hours, but after an attack by her former friends, he has only one bullet left in his gun. Will Jack save the day? Viewers of the television show know that with "24," no one is ever safe.

"We at IDW are big fans of the series 24," Editor-in-Chief Jeff Mariotte said in a press release. "We had some difficulty at first trying to figure out how the ticking clock element, so crucial to the show, would work on the printed page. But J.C. Vaughn and Mark Haynes had some ideas, and they convinced us that it could work. We teamed them up with Renato Guedes, who does some of the best actor likenesses ever, and we think the book will be every bit as entertaining as the TV series."

The book goes on sale this July with a retail price of $6.99. Promotion includes an excerpt in a Free Comic Book Day Release and major national publicity, according to the publisher.

(source)

Well there you go.