Episode 43

Missy

From the mainpage:

My Internet connection has been extremely wonky these last few days (cutting in and out at the most inopportune times), and may not be corrected until Monday afternoon. So if episode 43 is not posted Friday and the site doesn't relaunch Monday as planned, you know why. More updates to follow.

— Michael David Sims

20 July

Mike, Jenny, great episode.

Glad you liked Clerks II, it was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time and its already made its budget back and some.

As for Blade: The Series, I'm kind of enjoying it. I never really liked the Blade movies and while you said you are pretty much only still watching it because it is Blade; I'm watching it despite that. I happen to like Kirk Jones as Blade despite the silly dialogue he seems more imposing to me than Snipes ever did as Blade. I also like how the show isn't entirely focused on Blade or his villain but also adds in another element with both Krista and the annoying cop (although I agree that storyline sucks so far).

To answer a couple of your questions that you brought up during the show:

1. Blade didn't want to go after Van Skiver directly because he wants to bring down the entire House of Kathon and Van Skiver is only a small portion of the entire house. His reasoning was by eliminating Van Skiver you just create a hole that someone else will fill and that was how he explained it to Krista in the double length Pilot episode.

2. Van Skiver didn't want Fritz going after Blade because he was afraid of Aurora(sp?) ending up being discovered by Blade. Blade himself told his buddy that he was going to capture Fritz and bring him back to his hideout to dissect him alive and figure out what makes him tick in the second episode. Van Skiver couldn't risk the serum/vaccine being discovered by Blade (at least not at this point).

3. Van Skiver kicked the crap out of Fritz because he questioned his authority and was going to go after Blade himself.

I was also surprised that they killed of Fritz as soon as they did although I wasn't all that attached to him. Chase on the other hand is one sick little puppy, so they better keep her around for the long haul.

As for Friday's show, I recommend 'My Super Ex-Girlfriend' although I haven't seen it; I have heard that it is a good lighthearted comedy. All I've heard about 'Lady in the Water' is that M. Night Shyamalan has lost his mind although the film was shot less than five minutes from my house at the old 3M Plant in Levittown, PA. And finally all I've heard of 'A Skanner Darkly' is that you should probably do some drugs before you watch it and it might possibly make more sense.

I also like how the show isn't entirely focused on Blade or his villain but also adds in another element with both Krista and the annoying cop (although I agree that storyline sucks so far).

I'm liking that too. (Well, Krista. Not the cop.) With three main characters, all with their own plots, the show could have some major life in it.

1. Blade didn't want to go after Van Skiver directly because he wants to bring down the entire House of Kathon and Van Skiver is only a small portion of the entire house. His reasoning was by eliminating Van Skiver you just create a hole that someone else will fill and that was how he explained it to Krista in the double length Pilot episode.

That's right! I forgot about that. :doh:

2. Van Skiver didn't want Fritz going after Blade because he was afraid of Aurora(sp?) ending up being discovered by Blade. Blade himself told his buddy that he was going to capture Fritz and bring him back to his hideout to dissect him alive and figure out what makes him tick in the second episode. Van Skiver couldn't risk the serum/vaccine being discovered by Blade (at least not at this point).

While I could be wrong, I maintain that Marcus told Fritz not to kill Blade before Aurora was injected into his body.

3. Van Skiver kicked the crap out of Fritz because he questioned his authority and was going to go after Blade himself.

And see, that's why I thought he should have been kept around. As the series progressed, Fritz could have become more frustrated with Marcus' inaction, the structure of power, his own misuse and various other things. All which could have led to a big showdown between Marcus and Fritz, and maybe a shift in power. Or Fritz could have abandoned the house for another, and took a lot of vampires with him.

Chase on the other hand is one sick little puppy, so they better keep her around for the long haul.

I am so very fearful that she'll die by the end of the season. Blade needs to kill one of the three main vampires, and, now that Fritz is gone, she's the most likely candidate.

Something I neglected to mention on the air: is sunlight no longer a vampire weakness? 'Cause there sure is a lot of it, and Krista's room is constantly bathed in it.

While we're on that topic, how did Steppin' Razor escape the hideout near the end of the most recent episode? It was daytime.

That episode, by the way, was the best to date. I could have done without Steppin' Razor's longwinded recap of Blade's childhood (that could have been a two-part episode), but otherwise it was filled with the right amount of drama and action. And it moved the overall plot along nicely.