Futurama

JackFetch

In case you haven't heard, Futurama is coming back. Click the link if you want to know about the first 4 episodes/movie. Yes, they are going the Family Guy movie route and releasing the movie, and showing it as different episodes on tv.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24068

I'm a huge fan of Futurama, and was pissed when it was cancelled. Belive it or not, the fans are to thank for bringing it back. After Family Guy was resurrected, there was a huge uproar from Futurama fans.

• 7 months later...
It’s been a great ride for creator Matt Groening who is shepherding THE SIMPSONS MOVIE into theaters on July 27 as well as brand new episodes of his cult series FUTURAMA which was unceremoniously cancelled by Fox, only to find an after-life on DVD and the Cartoon Network. Starting in 2008, 16 new episodes are being produced which will also be turned into four direct-to-DVD movies. The first --FUTURAMA: BENDER’S BIG SCORE -- will be released December 2007.

http://duggmirror.com/television/FUTURAMA_...Futurama_movie/

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Futurama: Benders Big Score is pretty funny. I love the new intro that introduces each character in a new way, but still shows the old version. The whole first 5 minutes is a big FU to Fox.

All the old characters make a come back. Even the Globetrotters. There are a lot of gratuitous ass shots that were a little strange to see. Also, lots of penis jokes.

There's only one real part I didn't care for, among all the time-paradoxes...

They made the entirety of Jurassic Bark redundant. Killing Fry's dog with the blast was not too good. Jurassic Bark was one of the few episodes that can bring almost anyone to tears (or close to it).

Besides that, I love the fact that they brought back so many characters, like Santa and whatnot. That opening scene was also awesome with the Box Network.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next three movies.

There's only one real part I didn't care for, among all the time-paradoxes...

They made the entirety of Jurassic Bark redundant. Killing Fry's dog with the blast was not too good. Jurassic Bark was one of the few episodes that can bring almost anyone to tears (or close to it).

Besides that, I love the fact that they brought back so many characters, like Santa and whatnot. That opening scene was also awesome with the Box Network.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next three movies.

But they didn't make it redundant actually, they covered up the plothole of how the dog became instantly flash-petrified in the first place.

Granted I'd rather they left that one alone since the presence of the duplicate meant that the dog wasn't alone all those years. Actually I'm not sure how I feel about that. Its like a hollywood ending on a classic tragedy. Yes your happy that people are happy, but its not as poetic.