If I Ran Marvel, part three: The Defenders through The Mighty Thor

RSS

If this is the first time you're reading this four-part article, might I suggest you go back and read parts one and two first. They'll fill you in on the reason I've crafted this piece, and give you a greater sense of how I would shape the Marvel Universe. If you've been following along since the start, then you know the drill.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/articles/if-i-ran-marvel-03

Best one yet!

Casey on Iron Man is so obviously the only choice.

I've always pictured Hulk as a horror book. Peter David and Sam Kieth's Mr. Hyde issue is one of the best horror comics ever published.

I'd cut off a pinky to read Morrison on FF.

The MCP thing is where you hit the nail on the head. The sales would be relatively consistent with the top-tier guys and the youngsters would be given the shot that the big two rarely gives new creators.

<tips hat>

Well done sir!

MCP: Let's say Jeph Loeb was writing a six-part Havok story. Over the course of those six issues, fans of Loeb and Havok will grab the book to read that story, but they'll leave having been exposed to six brand new writers... all of whom got to work with firmly established artists. Not only that, but the artist on the main story can now say he's illustrated a Loeb-penned comic book. Everybody wins.