Journeyman

Missy

Anyone else watching this? It's totally a modern Quantum Leap, except that Dan doesn't know why he's traveling through time and his companion is an iPhone instead of Al. It's a really fun, emotional show.

Repeats of the first episode can be found on SciFi and USA.

Well Sam really didn't know why he was bouncing around either. When's the next replay? I opted watch the last hour of Raw last week after Heroes but that was a bit of a mistake...

Yeah I watched the pilot, his 'power' is going to be one hell of a handicap. If he has no way of controlling it, he should not drive again and he can't ever be left alone with his son. I'm a little curious to know how two seperate people(who were both we're in a relationship) have the same power. That's far too coincidental for me, something had to have happened. Quick question, did the kid end up dying saving those other kids on the bus?

Quick question, did the kid end up dying saving those other kids on the bus?

I don't think so, but it doesn't matter. He had to live long enough to save 6 other people's lives. If his dad had killed him as a child, then all those people would be dead.

It's the butterfly effect. By stopping him from killing his son, he may have saved hundreds or thousands of lives. Actually I guess that's more of a domino effect but you get the idea.

Quick question, did the kid end up dying saving those other kids on the bus?

I don't think so, but it doesn't matter. He had to live long enough to save 6 other people's lives. If his dad had killed him as a child, then all those people would be dead.

It's the butterfly effect. By stopping him from killing his son, he may have saved hundreds or thousands of lives. Actually I guess that's more of a domino effect but you get the idea.

Yea I know, I was just curious if he had died or not.

After watching the first 3 episodes, I have some questions about Livia.

She doesn't seem to know anything after her "death", because she didn't know Dan had married Katie. Does she only travel backwards from the point she disappeared?

What time does she go back to when she's done?

Does she have more control over her traveling than Dan? She seems to come and go when she wants, not like Dan.

She doesn't seem to know anything after her "death", because she didn't know Dan had married Katie. Does she only travel backwards from the point she disappeared?

I've heard the time travel in this show is very much like that in Quantum Leap. Meaning, they can only travel within their own lifetimes. If Livia "died" eight years ago, she can't travel beyond that date, hence not knowing who Dan married.

I loved the phone call twist. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

One thing that I find strange is that he only travels inside San Francisco. That makes me wonder if more cities have their own travelers.

Also, they brought up his dad with the guy on the cell phone, so I wonder if he travels also, or if they are going to bring him on the show somehow.

I've heard the time travel in this show is very much like that in Quantum Leap. Meaning, they can only travel within their own lifetimes. If Livia "died" eight years ago, she can't travel beyond that date, hence not knowing who Dan married.

She didn't actually die though. Maybe her mission is to help him and she just hasn't returned yet since she isn't done...

This episode was all about building towards an affair between Katie and Jack, as well as showing how Dan's trips through time will drive him away from his son. Uncovering the identity of "Dylan McCleen" was treated almost like an afterthought. People who want action and mystery will dislike this episode, but people craving characterization and story progression will dig it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Series mastermind Kevin Falls says, much to his sorrow, it looks like NBC may not air the 12th and final “Journeyman” completed before the writers' strike.

An excerpt from an interview Falls did with Bullz-Eye.com:

So we’ve got this Episode 12 dangling out there, and…I don’t know if it’ll ever see the light of day on the network. And it is…in some ways, it could very much be the series finale. And it’s really good. It’s directed by Alex Graves, it’s a really strong script, and it answers questions, and it’s gonna be one of those things that people are really, really gonna want to see.

More frustrating? Episode 12 concludes a two-part story to launch in episode 11.

Episode 8 aired Monday, Nov. 19.

Episode 9 airs Monday, Nov. 26.

Episode 10 is the “Christmas episode.”

It’s strange to think that NBC wouldn’t want to delay the January season debut of, say, “Law & Order” for one week to give fans that final episode of “Journeyman.”

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34883

That's a dick move right there. Apparently NBC has pretty much given up on this show. I doubt it will be back.

Some interesting nuggets from a new If Magazine interview with “Journeyman” mastermind Kevin Falls:

* Since Livia was able to travel to 2007, it looks like she might be alive as an old woman somewhere.

* Young Livia will find herself jumping in lingerie in episode 11.

* A number of people Dan has saved will play into the season finale (if there is a season finale).

* Falls originally intended to explain what’s causing Dan and Livia to time-travel in the SERIES finale, but is rethinking that plan. Now it looks like we’ll find out in the first or second season finale, if the show gets that far.

* “Journeyman” has one of the biggest music budgets on TV, and all music is cleared for broadcast as well as DVD. (As closed-captioning belies, two weeks ago a Jefferson Starship tune was subbed for a Stevie Winwood song at the last minute due to an inability to clear the Winwood number for DVD.)

* Falls confirms that episodes 10 and 11 will air regardless of ratings. Unlike “Chuck” and “Life,” “Journeyman” has not yet received a full-season order.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34900

Below you'll find the ratings for the last three weeks.

Episode: "Winterland"

Rating: 4.0

Share: 7

18–49 (Rating/Share): 2.4/6

Viewers (m): 6.08

Rank (Overall): #70

Episode: "Emily"

Rating: 3.8

Share: 6

18–49 (Rating/Share): 2.3/6

Viewers (m): 5.75

Rank (Overall): #66

Episode: "Blowback"

Rating: 3.8

Share: 6

18–49 (Rating/Share): 2.5/6

Viewers (m): 6.21

Rank (Overall): #TBA

How can "Emily" have less viewers than "Winterland," yet have a lower rating but a higher rank? Does anyone understand TV ratings?

The rank is how it did against other shows. If other shows aren't on, or show a rerun it will move others up without having to get more viewers.

Interesting side note: NBC is going to start using time shifting info now. They made a deal with Tivo. No more relying on just Nielson.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...aa8b1c69d302f4e

Personally I think they need to get Journeyman off Monday and onto maybe Friday or Sunday.