Episode 08

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick goes over some recent news, reviews Ghoul by novelist Brian Keene and discusses Potter's Field #2 and Fall of Cthulhu #7 both being released by BOOM! Studios this week. All while staying upright in his chair, nonetheless! There's exciting news for the near future of the podcast, and the tunes rounding out the show are "Beware of Ghouls" by The Other (www.myspace.com/theother) and "Partytime (Zombie Version)" by 45 Grave (www.myspace.com/45grave2005). [ 37:47 || 17.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_008.mp3

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick goes over some recent news, reviews Ghoul by novelist Brian Keene and discusses Potter's Field #2 and Fall of Cthulhu #7 both being released by BOOM! Studios this week. All while staying upright in his chair, nonetheless! There's exciting news for the near future of the podcast, and the tunes rounding out the show are "Beware of Ghouls" by The Other (www.myspace.com/theother) and "Partytime (Zombie Version)" by 45 Grave (www.myspace.com/45grave2005). [ 37:47 || 17.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_008.mp3

Des, Great Show!

Brian Keene is one of the good ones.

To be blunt, I totally disagree with your friend's assessment that writing "two-page" reviews demeans comic books. In fact, I take great insult to that, not because I'm a comic book critic, but because by not taking time to review them in length we're demeaning them. Why is it okay to over-analyze books, movies, theater and televisions shows, but not comic books? They're a perfectly valid form of storytelling and to take them at face value, to not looker deeper, to compare them to Pop-Tarts is an insult to anyone and everyone who's ever laid pencil to paper.

To be blunt, I totally disagree with your friend's assessment that writing "two-page" reviews demeans comic books. In fact, I take great insult to that, not because I'm a comic book critic, but because by not taking time to review them in length we're demeaning them. Why is it okay to over-analyze books, movies, theater and televisions shows, but not comic books? They're a perfectly valid form of storytelling and to take them at face value, to not looker deeper, to compare them to Pop-Tarts is an insult to anyone and everyone who's ever laid pencil to paper.

One man's opinion. I wouldn't take offense.