Mad Max 4: Fury Road

JackFetch

After several false starts, one major budget blowout and a thrillion chuckles, George Miller’s “Mad Max 4 : Fury Road” is finally juiced and ready to go. Its production quarters re-opened at Fox Studios in Sydney this week.

One of Moviehole’s longest - not as in length (well not that we know of) but in terms of how good he has been to us over the years (setting up set visits.. basically giving us access to things we normally couldn’t have gotten) – friends called today from the lot to let us know that “Fury Road” has finally got a greenlight, with pre-production commencing immediately.

It sounds as if Miller will be working on this film, and “Justice League” concurrently – the latter is also set up at Fox Studios – as well as…. “Happy Feet 2”.

Yep, work has also begun – albeit slowly – on a sequel to Milller’s uber-successful penguin flick but since the first one took four years to make don’t look for this one in theatres anytime soon.

Our colleague has discovered that ‘’Kennedy Miller is dancing with VFX and animation houses for both Mad Max 4 and Happy Feet 2. As far as I know the plan is to do all the animation for Happy Feet 2 in Australia, but not necessarily at Animal Logic (who did the first one). I'd guess that Mad Max 4 will be shot in Namibia as per the original plans (blown out by the Iraq invasion). In terms of release time - it took 4 years to make the original Happy Feet.”

He even speculates that ‘’Mad Max 4 : Fury Road’’ will be released before “Justice League”… but that’s a guess based on how fast the former seems to be moving forward (and no, he doesn’t have any information on “Justice League”). Of course, they have to find a new 'Mad Max' first - with Miller telling Moviehole recently that he won't be using Mel Gibson again, but a younger face.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20071025_mad...is_back_on.html

The word is that Mel Gibson will not be coming back. I'm hoping they turn it into a franchise like the Bond movies.

Eh, I can’t really see the Mad Max movies as a long running franchise. The Bond movies have the luxury of being able to take place in a variety of locations, but the Mad Max films are all centred around the same post apocalyptic setting (although the first one is less so).

Still, it’s been a long time since the last Mad Max movie. I’m definitely interested.