Lost: Via Domus

RSS

I was a late convert to the whole Lost phenomenon. The series had already wrapped its third season before I'd even watched my first episode, dismissing it as another passing fad. You can imagine my surprise when I rented my first DVD and discovered that it featured some of the best writing, direction and acting that television had seen in quite some time.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/v/lost-via-domus

I've said it before, but I really admire how you can cover games so concisely in your reviews. It's not any longer than it needs to be, and it doesn't feel like you've left anything out. Nice job, dude, you're really coming into your own.

As an aside, Yoda, what do you think about including screenshots in future game reviews? It's such a visual medium that I never really feel like I'm getting a full understanding of the subject with just box art.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard this game sucked.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Oh, it sucks."

"Yes, but... what's wrong with it?"

"Everything. It's a sucky game."

"I get that. What about it sucks?"

"The game sucks."

And so on. I really enjoy reading your reviews, DW; there are people who do this for a living that can't articulate their thoughts as well as you do. Another really well done article.

As an aside, Yoda, what do you think about including screenshots in future game reviews? It's such a visual medium that I never really feel like I'm getting a full understanding of the subject with just box art.

We used to do that, but finding good screen shots was a pain in the butt.