Fraggle Rock, The Movie

JackFetch

The Weinstein Company will turn the Jim Henson series "Fraggle Rock" into a live-action musical feature, reports Variety.

Cory Edwards, who directed the animated Hoodwinked! for TWC, will helm the picture and write the screenplay. The Jim Henson Co. will produce and TWC will distribute.

Just like the series, the film will be populated by a mix of human characters and Fraggle Rock puppets. The movie will take the core characters Gogo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red outside of their home in Fraggle Rock, where they interact with humans, which they think are aliens.

The show premiered on HBO in 1983, ran five seasons and was broadcast in more than 80 countries.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44949

First The Electric Company is coming back, now this. I'm so happy right now. The only thing that could top it is if they announce that all those G.I. Joe cast pictures were fakes meant to throw us off.

Look Pa! I found a Fraggle....Movie!

gorg.jpg

God I love Fraggle Rock! Meg and I are halfway through season two with the kids right now and this is the best kids movie news I may have ever heard.

Let's hope the Weinsteins don't sit on it like they do everything else.

Ahmet Zappa? The show was crazy enough. It was existential, darkly comic with undertones of classism. Very interesting as an adult. Fucking great as a kid!