NBC shuffles lineup

JackFetch

NBC is the first network to shake up its fall lineup, rebranding Wednesdays as a crime night.

The new Wednesday night block: "Knight Rider," "Life" and the return of "Law & Order." The lineup premieres Nov. 5.

"Lipstick Jungle," which has been under-performing on Wednesday nights at 10 p.m., is shifting to Friday night starting Oct. 31 -- effectively swapping places with "Life."

Also, NBC is moving the premiere of upcoming reality show "Mommas Boys." The series will premiere after the finale of "Biggest Loser" on Dec. 16, then will move to Mondays at 9 p.m., taking over the "Heroes" time period during the action drama's winter hiatus.

"These moves will play to the shows' mutual strengths and will help us to reinforce our lineup," said NBC co-chairs Ben Silverman and Marc Graboff.

"A Wednesday night with wall-to-wall satisfying mysteries and great dramas -- paced by the return of the original 'Law & Order' to its home on Wednesdays – will provide creative continuity that night. Fridays will feature escapist drama with 'Lipstick Jungle' joining 'Crusoe.' Additionally, this strategy for 'Momma's Boys' offers the show a more

favorable launch platform."

The shakeup represents a potential revival opportunity for "Life," which shifted from Mondays at 10 p.m. to Fridays at 10 p.m. this season, losing significant viewership in the process.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f9e6e0cbe7a21dd

I love NBC's shows, but they are all on days where I can't watch them. Heroes, Chuck, Knight Rider, and Life are some of my favorite shows right now. Although Heroes is losing me.

Guest DCAUFan1051

you should try My Own Worst Enemy Jack it's very gripping and the storyline so far leaves ya on the edge of your seat. Maybe it can take the place of Heroes for ya :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
So why did you move Law and Order in the first place??

night: I don't think L&O Original was shuffled to another night I haven't seen it on yet this season so they are shuffling the other shows to get it back on Wed at 10pm where it's been for the longest.... but that's just my guess.