Beast: X-Men or Avengers?

Missy

Where does he belong?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The X-Men.

Beast is a brilliant scientist who has dedicated much of his work to studying mutation, and what causes it. Himself a mutant, I have trouble believing that Henry McCoy would be willingly working for S.H.I.E.L.D, knowing that much of his research could (and most likely would) be used for projects like Weapon X.

The Beast should always be an X-Man.

Why? Well, for starters, he's one of the original X-Men. I wouldn't vouch for Thor or Wasp as an X-Man or something like that. Second, Henry McCoy is a better teacher than a world traveling hero (athough he's good at that too). Since the X-Men reside at a school, a school would be the best place for his talents. Third, The Avengers already have a doctor/scientist named Hank. Whenver Hank Pym and Hank McCoy are in the same comic book I get confused. Lastly, I've never enjoyed how any Avengers artist has depicted The Beast. George Perez rendition of the Beast is especially irksome (although I think the rest of what Perez draws is fabulous).

• 5 months later...
I wouldn't vouch for Thor or Wasp as an X-Man or something like that.

Well, to be fair, neither of them are mutants. Whereas The Avengers accept everyone from humans (Hawkeye, Iron Man), enhanced humans (She-Hulk, Captain America), mutants (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver), androids (Vision, Jocasta), gods (Thor, Hercules), and aliens (Starfox/Eros, Captain Marvel/Mar-Vell).

• 2 weeks later...

I actually prefer the Beast as the more happy-go-lucky acrobatic Avenger who can be smart when necessary than the constantly moody X-Man scientist who never actually uses his powers at all. Plus, the chemistry between the Beast and Wonderman is second to none. I miss that.

And Personally, I prefer George Perez's Beast to everyone elses. John Byrne's comes in second. They're really the only two that in my opinion got the blue furred beast right. I really wish he went back to being a blue ape again. The feline version doesn't sit well with me.

-Corey