NOW Nintendo has no exclusive games.

Mr. Keith

It looks like the folks at Capcom Entertainment were only kidding when they sternly insisted over and over again that the GameCube action-thriller Resident Evil 4 would forever remain exclusive to Nintendo's console. The company today announced that, due to demand from users and shareholder influences, a PlayStation 2 build of Resident Evil 4 is now also in development.

The GameCube version will release on January 11 of next year in the US and just two weeks later in Japan. Meanwhile, the PlayStation 2 build is set to debut at the "end of 2005," according to the publisher.

The surprise announcement was posted to Capcom's official Japanese website over the weekend. Readers can check out the official release right here.

IGN contacted Capcom USA for further comments and clarification, but reps for the subsidiary could not be reached over the weekend.

Resident Evil 4 stars franchise hero Leon S. Kennedy on an all-new quest to save the President's kidnapped daughter from a European threat. When Kennedy travels to an isolated village, he finds himself attacked by hordes of zombie-like villagers and smack-dab in the middle of an evil plot involving ungodly creatures, dark monks and a dangerous virus. The game's cutting-edge graphics and ambient atmosphere have won it acclaim from critics ever since it was unveiled more than a year ago.

We'll have more on all versions of the game when the information becomes available. Stay tuned.

credit to IGNcube.com

Good for PS2 owners, TERRIBLE for GC owners who thought we actually had something over them. :grumble:

Killer 7's GC exclusive. Though it is another Capcom game, so it could get ported out.

Sega has a bunch of GC eclusives, Super Monkey Ball and Sonic Adventure off of the top of my head.

Did you really expect a huge franchise like Resident Evil to not get ported out anyway? Especially with the way adult themed games have sold on the 'Cube?

Killer 7's GC exclusive.  Though it is another Capcom game, so it could get ported out.

Although I'm uncertain about here in the states, that game will be coming to the PS2 in Japan.

Sega has a bunch of GC eclusives, Super Monkey Ball and Sonic Adventure off of the top of my head.

PS2 is also getting Monkey Ball in some way shape or form, probably in a collection of 1 and 2. And both Sonic Adventures games were just average.

The line "NOW we have no exclusive games" was used in the same sense as "NOW I've seen everything". I know they have a couple, but compared to the gigantic third party support that PS2 has, there's absolutely no comparing.

Did you really expect a huge franchise like Resident Evil to not get ported out anyway?

0 didn't, the remake of 1 didn't. Would've been nice if four didn't.

It's just nice to know that GC owners have something that the other consoles don't have third party wise. We have the Nintendo games, but will always have them no matter what the situation. And with how badly Nintendos third party is at the moment, they need all the help they could get.