Everyone likes Mega Man

Mr. Keith

December 06, 2004 - The team at Capcom seems to be in good spirits today as the company revealed that Mega Man Anniversary Collection has done extremely well in the retail marketplace. Officially released on June 22, Mega Man AC has sold more than 500,000 copies in less than six months and has done extremely well on both the PlayStation 2 and GameCube platforms.

"Our goal with Mega Man Anniversary Collection was to offer longtime fans and those new to the series a comprehensive package at the best value," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. "We are positively overwhelmed by the strong demand for the collection and anticipate its continued success at retail."

In case you've missed it, Mega Man Anniversary Collection is a compilation of Mega Man 1 thru 8 that comes complete with original and remixed versions of the game. Additionally, both the PS2 and GameCube versions of the game come complete with two fighting titles not previously released in America, and special video bonuses as well. You can read our full review clicking here.

-- Jeremy Dunham

http://cube.ign.com/articles/571/571274p1.html

There are no words to express how happy I am to see this collection do well. Sure, I wish it'd done even better, but I'm just happy to see that the game sold exceptionally well on any of the systems.

I still :wub: Mega Man.

Eh, I actually liked the Network series in small dosages, might not of been Mega Man but after doing pretty much the same thing over a span of several games*Eight in the original and 5 or 6 across the X series, not to mention the GB ones* it was nice to try something a little different with the series other then side scrollers all the time. Not to say that it's a bad thing to have too many side scrollers, hell, I love nearly all the ones I've played. But I don't mind Capcom trying something different. As for Command Mission, will see how that game is when it goes down to 20 dollars.

Now let's see a Collection of some of the games in the X series, I miss the SNES versions!