Episode 03

RSS

What happens when two extremely drowsy young men try to talk about video games for an hour? This episode. But even half awake, the guys manage to create something that is sure to satisfy your ear holes. Well, probably. We don't remember too much of it. Damien probably talked about fighting games, while Aaron lamented Australia's horrible luck with game releases. God Hand may or may not have been discussed. We do recall Kylie Minogue being mentioned at one point. Really, if that doesn't make you want to listen, nothing will. [ 1:22:42 || 38.2 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/extralives/episodes/extralives_003.mp3

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I promised I'd feedback on the show:

The game you open the show to talk about,(Limbo, I think.) I really wished you'd say how much it was in MS points, instead of dollars. Yes I was able to work out how much is was in points, but it took me out of the podcast, trying to work that out.

I agree with Dubs about the gaming thing. Going online and saying a game sucked, people will flame you, which is why E-2 is really good for that. I came here and said I didn't like AC2, and you, amongst others said that's cool, I enjoyed it, but each to their own.

I have to say about RPG's, and really games in general, I like bang for my buck. However, I hate having to go through the slow first few hours of a game. I have a short attention span, and if a game doesn't grab me in that time, I just don't bother. Mass Effect did not interest me when I played it, and it doesn't matter how good it is, I got bored and it just did nothing for me.

Dubs, please do the lets play of SF.

Liked your analogy of Tekken Dubs. I enjoyed the older games(Tekken), but prefer Street Fighter overall.

Dubs, you do what any parent does, you divvy up time between III and IV.

Aaron: Your voice was very clear in this episode. I remember one of the last episodes I heard (Might have been when you EL was still on E-2. I'm very behind on podcasts) you're mic was crackly, but here it was very clear. So, that's good.

Haven't got a working PS2, and you're on to the God Hand talk now, so that's it for me on feedback.

The game you open the show to talk about,(Limbo, I think.) I really wished you'd say how much it was in MS points, instead of dollars. Yes I was able to work out how much is was in points, but it took me out of the podcast, trying to work that out.

I honestly don't know if the American and European point values are the same, so we usually don't bother. Here 80 points is equal to one dollar, which I never liked. I understand why they do it, but I wish they would take a cue from Sony and just put the monetary value.

Dubs, please do the lets play of SF.

I assume you mean the Movie Game. I played it a bit this weekend and there's a lot about it that I enjoy. If I had the capabilities, I would totally do a Let's Play of it.

Dubs, you do what any parent does, you divvy up time between III and IV.

I'm probably just going to get in as much time as I can with IV, then move to III again full time, but if it's like a lot of the other fighters on arcade, I might not have a choice, since there may not be enough people playing.

Aaron: Your voice was very clear in this episode. I remember one of the last episodes I heard (Might have been when you EL was still on E-2. I'm very behind on podcasts) you're mic was crackly, but here it was very clear. So, that's good.

Glad someone noticed. We've fixed the audio issues and they should be better from now on.

Haven't got a working PS2, and you're on to the God Hand talk now, so that's it for me on feedback.

Aaron would probably argue that me losing my mind over God Hand is probably the most entertaining part of the show, even if you can't play along.

Thanks for the feedback, Austen.

Im pretty sure games are priced the same number of Microsoft/Nintendo points everywhere, its just that the point conversion rates change depending on the country you live in. I guess I just dont say how many points they cost because I think it sounds silly.

Of course, if using points is easier for people listening, I'll be happy to start doing that.

I honestly don't know if the American and European point values are the same, so we usually don't bother. Here 80 points is equal to one dollar, which I never liked. I understand why they do it, but I wish they would take a cue from Sony and just put the monetary value.

Part of it that if they do points, they don't charge you tax. With Sony, I spent 20 dollars on a 20 Dollar card so I could buy FFVIII and FFIX, I buy the first one and they charge me extra. Kinda made me a bit pissy to tell the truth. I prefer the points as a result.

Aaron would probably argue that me losing my mind over God Hand is probably the most entertaining part of the show, even if you can't play along.

I'm not playing along and listening to the insanity of this game is well worth my time. Like Austen, I'm slightly behind on my podcasts so kudos.