Episode 157

RSS

This week it's a mummy special on Dread Media! Darryll and Desmond sit down to discuss Hammer's 1959 effort, The Mummy. Then Brother D from Mail Order Zombie joins Desmond for a What Music They Make segment, discussing the score to the 1932 Mummy film and a bit about the Hammer film score. Darryll comes back for a viewing of the classic Universal film The Mummy before Desmond goes solo on a Dying in the Gutters segment discussing the 1970s Marvel saga of The Living Mummy! All that plus feedback, and the following mummified monster music: "The Mummy Song" by Phineas and Ferb, "Me and My Mummy" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt Kickers, "Curse of the Pharaohs" by Mercyful Fate, "Helen Calls to Isis / The Destruction of Im-Ho-Tep " by James Dietrich, "Im-Ho-Tep (Pharaoh's Curse)" by Iced Earth, "The Mummy" by Bob McFadden and Dor, and "Wrap it Up" by The Fabulous Thunderbirds. [ 1:39:37 || 45.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_157.mp3

I've never seen either Mummy movie, but I loved listening to you guys discuss them. It seemed like y'all had a ton of fun, even with the less-loved Universal picture.

Also, Des, did you score both movies? Something in the back of my heads tells me you didn't grade one. (I'd listen to back to make sure, but I can't right now.)