Episode 65

RSS

With everyone else taking the week off , Kellen takes some time to look over a variety of things, including a mini-review of the first volume of Dragon Ball Z Kai, his thoughts about anime on Blu-ray, and the current crop of show being put out in North America. [ 25:11 || 11.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/animezingpodcast/episodes/animezing_065.mp3

Great episode as always. I actually like the occasional chibi-episodes, especially that everything seemed very stream of thought, very natural. On the subject of repurposed anime, I'd say the trend goes back a little further. In one case there's Samurai Pizza Cats from the 90's where the original scripts were pitched in favor of a very self-awarean anarchic show. I know the original was nothing serious but it's still a predecessor. Another example that springs to mind is Super Milk-Chan which I believe had two versions: One that was true to the original and one that featured sketches with actors and threw the script out for pop culture gags.