Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

The work of Gail Simone — and in particular her stint on Secret Six — has become something of a sacred cow amongst the more dedicated comics fans. That's not to say I don't get the appeal. I thoroughly enjoyed her run on Birds of Prey, and I picked up the Villains United and Secret Six minis that lead to this ongoing. However, somewhere along the way other people seemed to be rating this somewhat higher than I did, and my interest waned to the point where I dropped the book.

Sorry to quote an entire paragraph from the article. But Stavros hit right on the money with this, and I felt the exact same way about the series.

Deadpool Max seems to be a book in the long line of Deadpool crap out right now, I won't be bothering with (Not in the, it's all crap sense, more in the so much of it way.)

Superman seemed like it was really missing something in the review. Like the book just ended with you, liking it, but not really wanting to care about it at the same time.

Secret Six does have a fair amount of continuity going in it which I actually see as a plus. I will agree that Ragdoll, while often a hoot, is wearing thin on me. I wouldn't mind if Giganta or Black Alice replaces him at the end of this arc. It would make sense in the case of Giganta since Simone has slowly put her down the greyer side of villainy between her appearances in The All New Atom and Wonder Woman.

Superman seemed like it was really missing something in the review. Like the book just ended with you, liking it, but not really wanting to care about it at the same time.

You mean the book was missing something or the review was missing something? I couldn't fault the concept, but the execution left some major room for improvement.

You mean the book was missing something or the review was missing something? I couldn't fault the concept, but the execution left some major room for improvement.

The review was really well written. I meant the actual book itself.