Episode 165

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond interviews writer, editor, TV host, and horror journalist Stanley Wiater! Then Darryll joins us for a review of Something Wicked This Way Comes as a seminal Halloween treat. Songs included: "Dream Master" by The 69 Eyes, "Dream Evil" by Dio, "Wicked & Weird" by Buck 65, and "Being an Asshole is your Pre-existing Condition." Visit Stanley Wiater at www.stanley-wiater.com. [ 1:45:52 || 48.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_165.mp3

Excellent episode. The interview with Stanley Wiater was a great and interesting one. I checked out the interview clips on Youtube and it looks like I'll be Netflixing the Dark Dreamers DVDs in the future. I agree with your sentiment about the interview showing a different side to Wes Craven and Clive Barker is always interesting to listen to. Still need to watch the full Ellison interview. I've heard of Something Wicked This Way Comes, but never seen it. Looks like another one to add to the Netflix que.

Yes, do Koete. It's the perfect film for this time of year and, in my opinion, one of the best Bradbury adaptations going. Also, if you're a Bradbury fan, check out MOBY DICK, Starring Gregory Peck as Ahab, Directed by John Huston and screenplay by Ray Bradbury. And if you enjoy that, check out THE BANSHEE, a story by Bradbury that thinly veils his experiences working with Huston in Scotland on the Moby Dick screenplay. It's pretty great. Bradbury has talked at length about Huston in interviews. He was a game changing presence in the writer's life and early career.