Episode 434

RSS

This episode of Earth-2.net: The Show is a must-listen for two reasons. First, a new segment is launched, in which the hosts compare Green Lantern (1960) #136 to Green Lantern (2005) #60, Star Wars (1977) #43 to Star Wars: Knight Errant #4, and Uncanny X-Men #141 to Uncanny X-Men #530. Second, Mike reveals something quite staggering about this show. But to hear both, you'll have to download the program! [ 1:34:53 || 46.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_434.mp3

Took me awhile to get around to listening to this.

Love the new segment, especially the grading scale. Now all you need to do is figure out how to record the show on a dictaphone.

I agree with Dubs.

I wish you would have chose Green Lantern #61 to do, as that's a mostly stand alone issue dealing with Red Lantern Atrocitus. And was more enjoyable than the #60.

If you are willing to take recommendations, I would say why not compare an anniversary issue compared to a classic anniversary issue. Such as Action Comics #900 coming out soon, and compare that with Action #600 for example.

Sometimes the older books will be considered classics. And, yes, that's unfair to the new books, but two points about that:

01. The entire thrust of the segment is that Dan and I are already biased towards the old comics. Everything about the segment, therefore, is unfair to the newly released comic books. We are the "grumpy old fans" after all.

02. Who's to say a newer issue won't be the next classic? One never can tell what is going to be a powerful, moving, gripping book, becoming a fan-favorite for years to come.