Episode 180

RSS

This week we hit both ends of the spectrum with the same director as Desmond and Darryll check out Christopher Smith's yet-to-be-released medieval plague film, Black Death, and his horror comedy, Severance. The following terror tunes get a spin on the old wheel: "Goin' Down to Dunwich" by The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, "Necromancer" by Gnarls Barkley, "Workin' Man" by Hank III, and "Rotter" by Doomriders. Visit www.audibletrial.com/dreadmedia to get a free audiobook! [ 1:36:19 || 46.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_180.mp3

The rental price for Black Death is higher than I tend to pay (though I understand why as it hasn't hit theaters Stateside), but I have it saved on Netflix for when the DVD comes out. Severance is on Netflix IW, so I'll check that out in the next few days.

Regarding horror-comedies in general, I think many of them would cease to be what they are without the comedy element. Thinking about my favorite one, Young Frankenstein, it would be a generic Frankenstein picture and nothing special at all without the comedic elements.