Episode 185

RSS

This week, pool your cash, because we are low budget! First up, Desmond and Darryll take a look at the Criterion release of 1970's Equinox. Then, it's chicks and chainsaws time as Desmond goes solo on the first season of Chainsaw Sally and Faces of Schlock: The Boobs and Blood Edition. The following lo-fi tunes were probably recorded on reel-to-reel, even though that is much more expensive than recording in Pro Tools, so never mind: "We Die Young" by Alice in Chains, "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants" by Dillinger Escape Plan, "Crazy, Crazy Mama" by Roky Erickson, "Vampira" by Devin Townsend Band, and "My Poor Friend Me" by Frank Turner. That is all. [ 1:01:33 || 29.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_185.mp3

C'mon, people. WKRP's Les Nesman in a schlocky monster picture? How can you not get excited about that? And that old guy in the cave was fuckin' freaky. I'll bet Battle: LA doesn't have an old freaky guy in a cave. Or does it? Sucker Punch opens next weekend.

I love that you guys are spotlighting some of the more off the beaten path Criterion releases. I added Equinox to my Netflix que for "Zargon, The H-Bomb Beast From Hell" alone. And now that you bring him up, I think you guys should do a tribute episode to Ray Harryhausen sometime. Mostly because the man is a legend, but also because hilarity would ensue from Darryl having to pronounce his name for an entire episode.

I agree with Des about Captain America. Red Skull alone has me hyped.